Upgrade HS 142f

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Why do I need to adjust the valves? Shouldn't they already
be adjusted right at the factory?

Think about it Mike, uneducated low skilled workers assemble these motors for probably a Chinese minimum wage. Nothing against the workers at all, it's just speed and profit are concern no.1. I'd double check them if it were me.

Also, nearly all engine manufactures (honda, kohler, b&s) recommend that you re adjust the valves after break in.
So its a good idea to do it as well (although pretty much nobody does)

On jap bikes it usually in the 1000s where they do that.

Welp, i did basicly this, upjetted (had a larger spare jet off of a 100cc engine, and a bigger emulsion tube)
I have a free flowing exhuast and i took the air filter off (for testing porposes, i have a sick bike parts one coming in the mail) and i did see a significant improvement!
Before i was topping out at 26mph, and now it goes 30 no problem (guessing im hitting govener)
After I add the sbp filter, it should be the perfect daily!

The sbp filter with a free flowing straight pipe exhaust and a properly tuned carb bumps up the power by at least 25%. I went from having to pedal uphill (on the worst hill in town) with my engine in 1st gear (3 speed) to being able to go up the same hill in second gear without needing to pedal anymore. I also can use 3rd gear on the rest of the uphill sections that I needed 2nd gear before.
If your engine can breath and exhaust easier, you are guaranteed more power.

Also, you can indeed put on a predator 212 carb with longer studs, as the stud spacing is the exact same as a gx200 engine. All you have to do is find a way too hook up a throttle and your golden!

I was looking at hooking up one of these bad boys so I can run a larger carb. I was told by a fellow racer with a gxh50 that the largest carb he tried with success was 19mm. I have a slightly bigger engine with my 53cc, so maybe I can use a 20mm carb, not sure on that yet. I'm going to get a 19mm carb next and will probably stay put there. I might get a 20mm to try, but I can see why going to big can be an issue. I would need to bore out and regrind my valve seats and install bigger valves to flow more air, and there is only so much room before one valve invades the other's space. I've been running with a modded stock carb and aftermarket filter, and I'm pretty sure the hs motors have a 12.7mm carb (from all my research). So a larger carb would be the next step after adding a free flowing air filter and free flowing exhaust.

I was looking at hooking up one of these bad boys so I can run a larger carb. I was told by a fellow racer with a gxh50 that the largest carb he tried with success was 19mm. I have a slightly bigger engine with my 53cc, so maybe I can use a 20mm carb, not sure on that yet. I'm going to get a 19mm carb next and will probably stay put there. I might get a 20mm to try, but I can see why going to big can be an issue. I would need to bore out and regrind my valve seats and install bigger valves to flow more air, and there is only so much room before one valve invades the other's space. I've been running with a modded stock carb and aftermarket filter, and I'm pretty sure the hs motors have a 12.7mm carb (from all my research). So a larger carb would be the next step after adding a free flowing air filter and free flowing exhaust.
Yea, the honda/predator carbs are around 17mm i believe, but there a bolt on replacement (try it some time, there only 9$ on eBay)

Id get a intake adapter from go power sports. (Around 25$ for the kit, jet, filter,everything)
You could drill and tap a hole and add a throttle hook up.

If you do end up doing it, tell us how it goes!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back