Using rubber from rag joints as clutch pads?

francisjohn

Local time
12:58 AM
I have extra rubber discs from the rag joint. I was going to toss them in the trash, but was curious how well would they perform if used as clutch pads? I would cut x15 out. I'm genuinely curious.

thanks

I have extra rubber discs from the rag joint. I was going to toss them in the trash, but was curious how well would they perform if used as clutch pads? I would cut x15 out. I'm genuinely curious.

thanks
I wouldn't do it personally,, but who knows, give it a try. Thickness is the key dimension.

Do it for science lol

When you have items that's fairly inexpensive, experimentation is seldom worth the risk of damage and/or injury.
For $11.00 dollars, I buy them by the bagful from Amazon...60 clutch pads, which is 4 change outs of clutch pads.

I never use the red clay like ones that come with most kits but replace them with these pads...Still have the original ones I put in to my Phantom over a year ago with no sign of excessive wear as of yet.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-...=sr_1_8?keywords=motorized+bike+clutch&sr=8-8

I agree with Jerry...Such a cheap item to replace and you rarely need to replace them, why experiment with a material not intended for clutch pad usage???

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For $11.00 dollars, I buy them by the bagful from Amazon...60 clutch pads, which is 4 change outs of clutch pads.

I never use the red clay like ones that come with most kits but replace them with these pads...Still have the original ones I put in to my Phantom over a year ago with no sign of excessive wear as of yet.

https://www.amazon.com/KQTshangmao-...=sr_1_8?keywords=motorized+bike+clutch&sr=8-8

I agree with Jerry...Such a cheap item to replace and you rarely need to replace them, why experiment with a material not intended for clutch pad usage???

Why experiment? Maybe it's just me, but you ever been bored because you've done as much as you want to the build, so you start going over all your supplies thinking to yourself what is something you can do? This is one of those scenarios.

The link you sent, I bought x45 for $7? This was last year and the only problem I have with buying clutch pads is they are NEVER the size they need to be. I actually like the red stock pads and have bags of them (used)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I actually like the red stock pads and have bags of them (used)
Good luck to ya with those red stock pads then...I ran them only once some years ago and they burned right out on me in three days turning black and smelled like you wouldn't believe...lol...I went to the ones I gave ya the link to and have yet to replace any as they just keep on going with next to very little wear...Over three thousand miles on them with an older motor I have and they are nowhere in need of replacement even now...To each his own as they say.

Back