v-twin 2 stroke?

hmm this engine on a bike? Before you say its too wide that's what wide pedals are for. Also most motorcycles make you spread your legs anyways.
1534812036987.jpeg

Saw it for like $400 I would consolidate the 2 carbs personally and get rid of the diaphragm carbs. They even have water cooling I think. There's 52cc and 58cc.

kinda cool, but something isn't right about them.
the RC guys have twin 4 strokes under $500, most are inline 20-40cc but they get their 2-4hp @25000 rpm, so clutching and gearing would be a problem.

you will find the average 4 stroke for RC is only doing 9000-10000... pretty standard RPM really. only one i know of capable of anything higher is theOS fs26C/fs40C and most are going for about $600+ as they havent been in production for a decade. hell, i paid $110 just for the FS26C camshaft...

they also suck down a mixture of 15-20% oil... except the few petrol ones. that still suck down oil, as they have no sump.

the little nitro twostrokes for pylon racing or cars will hit 25000+... once again...sucking down heaps of oil and fuel.

ah, yeah the nitro cars were maybe what I was thinking. I looked at some cool Saito engines, but gawd they are pricey :eek:. i see lots of em say max is like 5-5800 rpm. that's very do-able. hmmm ppl sell used motors on the auction places. I'm going pencil this in for a future project lol

but do they spin CCW?

oh i found this on
two 2-strokes grafted inline. not a how to, but the internals overview. short vid

ah, yeah the nitro cars were maybe what I was thinking. I looked at some cool Saito engines, but gawd they are pricey :eek:. i see lots of em say max is like 5-5800 rpm. that's very do-able. hmmm ppl sell used motors on the auction places. I'm going pencil this in for a future project lol

but do they spin CCW?
Depends on which end you look at the shaft! Generally right hand thread. Saito does make reverse cams and shafts though.. even more expensive.
Nah, with the oil requirements and a cdi system ( on the gas versions) requiring an rc receiver to run... rc aero engines arent the way to go. Though the radials do sound nice...
The boat engines so far pictured though... Basically souped up chainsaw/brushcutter engines. Standard 50:1 twosmokers. With the clutch and starter issues... may as well stick with chainsaw engines.

hmm this engine on a bike? Before you say its too wide that's what wide pedals are for. Also most motorcycles make you spread your legs anyways.
View attachment 83325
Saw it for like $400 I would consolidate the 2 carbs personally and get rid of the diaphragm carbs. They even have water cooling I think. There's 52cc and 58cc.
You could mount it longitudinally you just need a right angle gearbox which you can get easily from a junk angle grinder ( seen them used on homemade outboards so they must be half decent) then you just need to work out a clutch and relocate the carbs, as for the water cooling take the radiator from a water cooled CPU cooler snippy snippy and your almost there, hell if they weren't illegal in Queensland Australia I'd be makin one tomorrow hey

Back