want to tune cns need advice

yes i took it off to show the white bushing. if you can send it cod im not sure if that is posable but if you can go for it. if not ill be happy to pay for the shipping in some way.

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but I was wondering what carb people recommend replacing the cns carb with? I have the same motor 66c/skyhawk and I really was looking at replacing it for no other reason than to get rid of the choke lever on the handlebars(it's cheap looking and adds another cable) But after reading about the issues I might try to avoid it all together.
I was looking at the sha cns style carb and was wondering if that would be a good replacement. Thanks for any and all help.

all that i have herd is the nt carb. but if you already have the cns then what i did is take the 1 of the air vent tubes off and and put the other end of the other tube on that nipple then poke a little hole in that tube. youll have to play with the size of the hole and see what works for you but that did wonders. i was lucky to get 15 to 20 mph know that i did that im getting almost 30. i got a part coming in that should make that a little more and make it run a little smother in the idle. but so far im happy with the cns now that i got some speed out of it.

Hi Sarge My name is Norm and i've been readin g your forums and would like to know what you did to the CNS carb to make it better. Can't find the thread you mentioned with that info. your help will be greatly appreciated. i did the hose thing and made a big difference having problems re jetting the carb.

hey zuide when you conected the hoses did you do the same as me and poke a hole in it. just wondering if you got good results also.

the nylon bushing disintegrates in the presence of gasoline- it takes a while... also, unless the carb is EXACTLY up against the intake with a full contact of the seal, you WILL have an air leak... I've done a bushing in aluminum- the part away from the carb is slotted so the carb clamp will compress it. It seals beautifully

You have to dig deeper in the archives to catch my earlier commentary, but it's under general discussion and titled " Observations of the CNS Carburator" by yours truly

Back