What causes high RPM misfire or sputter ?

Funny story,
Once I put the old fashion thumb screw lead on my S/P because it looked Old Skool Vintage
The first day I got ⚡shocked ⚡ when I touched it by accident :LOL: I put the S/P clip on lead & rubber boot back on
Well I did change the clip for the plug instead of the coil spring terminal I used this one. Think I should go back to the Stock Coil one?. Now that im thinking about this. Wouldnt spark jump or arching cause a cdi to take a chitt??? Cause this could be the cause.
Screenshot_20231027_023355_Chrome.jpg

When you look at an object that already is, and you know what it could be.
20231026_182533.jpg
20231027_021626.jpg
20231027_021709.jpg

BikeFerry dont you be stealin my mag design now. yuh hear

Funny story,
Once I put the old fashion thumb screw lead on my S/P because it looked Old Skool Vintage
The first day I got ⚡shocked ⚡ when I touched it by accident :LOL: I put the S/P clip on lead & rubber boot back on
I once made the mistake of firing up my briggs 3hp on the floor in my shop. It started hopping around and almost fell over. I went to catch it and my hand just so happened to touch right on the spark plug that had no boot on it.
When you look at an object that already is, and you know what it could be.
View attachment 201913View attachment 201915View attachment 201916

BikeFerry dont you be stealin my mag design now. yuh hear
Ahhh, the aluminum tape chrome. Ive done it before. It also works great for "repairing" rusted out quarter panels on cars. Tape it up and throw on some paint.

Well I did change the clip for the plug instead of the coil spring terminal I used this one. Think I should go back to the Stock Coil one?. Now that im thinking about this. Wouldnt spark jump or arching cause a cdi to take a chitt??? Cause this could be the cause.
View attachment 201911
That terminal clip and boot is just fine, Best kind IMO, that's what I use a Snap Clip terminal
I also use braided vintage wire for that Retro look

BTW Whizzer needs a resistor S/P or it's 4 stroke 5 pin CDI will fry
2 strokes don't need a resistor plug unless a digital tac and speedo is used

I once made the mistake of firing up my briggs 3hp on the floor in my shop. It started hopping around and almost fell over. I went to catch it and my hand just so happened to touch right on the spark plug that had no boot on it.

Ahhh, the aluminum tape chrome. Ive done it before. It also works great for "repairing" rusted out quarter panels on cars. Tape it up and throw on some paint.
could have done it one of two ways I could have sanded the entire rim and then taped off the design and then painted it or just gone with the aluminum tape this way was much easier and the good thing about this aluminum tape is that it will last longer than the paint on the rim plus it looks like a forged or CNC wheel I think it looks pretty Sharp

Also these wheels are much larger than I expected them to be I have 4 mm of chain clearance and that's with my motor offset a hair. i also have to bend my fenders up alittle. if you need inflated measurements of the tires let me know. that way you can plan your clearance before you get your tires

Also these wheels are much larger than I expected them to be I have 4 mm of chain clearance and that's with my motor offset a hair. i also have to bend my fenders up alittle. if you need inflated measurements of the tires let me know. that way you can plan your clearance before you get your tires
When I get the engine mounted and the sprocket l I ned up ill need the measurements, but right now I need to order some parts to get the disc brakes set up

So it looks like the culprit to my cutoff at high rpm was caused by the spark jumping from plug and onto one of my cooling vents. the vent was to close to the plug and that caused spark jump and a blown catnip CDI. It does not cutout anymore as I hit 43mph today. However a new problem has risen with my bigger tires. Yes rubbing. got to move my front drop outs down a hair and my rear dropouts gotta go back an inch or two. crazy i hit 43mph with 2 rubbing tires. makes me wonder what it will hit when the wheels are free spinning

Back