What HP/size are your motors?

.PS..5-7..Ill get back to you to scratch your brains on governors (and I dont mean the ones that looked after convicts)..Thanks

Hey Eno, a screw/bolt placed to interfere with throttle cable's full travel will act as a governor.

So will an undersized carb gasket or spacer, like the Whizzer bike engine.

Thanks 5-7 in Hawaii and "Top of the mornin to ya" John..
John as you live in OZ I was wondering if you could give me some info on getting hold of disc brakes to suit the OCC Stingray chopper front wheel in NSW and the costs...I know there are a necessity as those little rubber things we have now can disappear as quick as a goose bump when friction is added....Thanks ENO ..PS..5-7..Ill get back to you to scratch your brains on governors (and I dont mean the ones that looked after convicts)..Thanks

Forget if I answered this or not and I'm not a chpper type of guy but I'd look to get the disc caliper welded onto the fork so it is positioned where it correspons to the disc on the hub. I'd either get it brazed on or weled in stainless and polished back so it looks a bit better. I find it hard to believe that there isn't an aftermarket chopper fork that is made with a disc brake or even twin discs but front brakes seem to be not important on american cruisers and choppers.

Something like this?

Attachments

• 02-28-09_1545.jpg
    02-28-09_1545.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 02-28-09_1548.jpg
    02-28-09_1548.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 03-14-09_1403.jpg
    03-14-09_1403.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 252
The springer fork was listed on ebay for 75.00 duel caliper ready, and set up for 180mm rotors, I think he sold all 26. Not sure if he will get any more.

The springer fork was listed on ebay for 75.00 duel caliper ready, and set up for 180mm rotors, I think he sold all 26. Not sure if he will get any more.

$75 was a great price. I don't expect those forks to be much good in quality terms and the angle that they are mounte at isn't going to help their performance re suspension but is the disc brake quite good quality? I wonder if they are made by same people who make the Monark springer.

They are a direct replacement fork for the schwinn stingray spoiler, they are top notch and work great!

Back