Using Bike Shifter??

WouldBeBiker

Local time
2:13 AM
Is there a way to use the gear shifter and 7speed gear that is built into my bike wheel for shifting gears on the engine. I'm trying to get as much power as possible without have to fully rev the engine because I'm trying to do something long distance. I also am curious to know as my engine is currently stock, what upgrades has everyone seen the most HP added to their system. I think my main concern with long distance is probably cooling so if anyone knows of an inexpensive and efficient method of cooling the motor to increase run time I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Is there a way to use the gear shifter and 7speed gear that is built into my bike wheel for shifting gears on the engine. I'm trying to get as much power as possible without have to fully rev the engine because I'm trying to do something long distance. I also am curious to know as my engine is currently stock, what upgrades has everyone seen the most HP added to their system. I think my main concern with long distance is probably cooling so if anyone knows of an inexpensive and efficient method of cooling the motor to increase run time I'd love to hear your thoughts.
You need a shift kit. A little piece of kit that runs the power from your left side to the right side.

Do you mean something like this?

Shift kits aren't your only option. You can use a 3 or 5 speed IGH to drive the left side of the wheel.

1000003175.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back