what's a good tire pump?

JerboaJohn

Local time
3:07 AM
I almost just died pumping up a 26x2.3 tire with my small pump. it's Bell 500, abt the size of a flashlight really. no way I can use it to pump a 27.5 x 2.8 lol
it was ok for a 700c x 28 but took over 400pumps for my front! now I'm sad bcs I don't know abt any good pumps and whether it's practical to take it on the bike for a trip.

Any track pump is ideal for using at home, and they're very cheap these days.
Some pumps have a fold out foot thingy to make them a sort of cross between a track pump and a mini pump, and these should have a pressure gauge too. The Topeak Turbo Morph will do the job. (y)

Get in a truck with about 10 friends head to a gas station and rob theirs plug it in at home and wala the perfect air pump

Attachments

• 81UztkC3-1L._SL1500_.jpg
    81UztkC3-1L._SL1500_.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 86
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yeah, I was relatively new to bikes when I got mine and main concern was having it for road trips. never used it on the road actually lol.
I might look for a CO2 thingy for trips. I just need to pump more n bigger tires up now with 2 builds. I don't live near a gas station with a pump

Get a good 12v compressor and hook up an old computer power source for at home. They are compact enough that they don't need a special place. For the street, a CO2 set up and a bicycle pump. CO2's are nice, but you will eventually need a pump when the CO2 runs out and you are in the middle of nowhere.

Back