Whats the Problem?

inspectorcritic

Local time
12:45 PM
I put on a new copper gasket yesterday it ran good for 8 miles went to the car wash power clean the head so van till if it's still blowing oil ran good for 2 more miles until I was going up a hill then it just shut down.

I thought it was out of gas that I wanted run it dry to fill the tank with a new oil mix 6 oz of Supertech oil to one gallon. Tried start the bike it only pops now and again no rhythm I did get it to go for 3 minutes then it died again.
Is it blown head gasket or just what only pops from time to time?

went to the car wash power clean the head
If your really, really lucky, you may have just gotten a little moisture into the magneto area...pull the cover and gently blow dry that area out and then just let it sit until completely dry and then try it again...remember to only hand clean and dry with clean shop rags in future...DAMIEN
You washed a hot motor? Probably warped the head and blew the gasket
Hopefully this is not what happened.

To check for a leaking head gasket. Use your hand and feel for air.

Probably shouldn't power wash your M/B,
Electrics don't like water

If your really, really lucky, you may have just gotten a little moisture into the magneto area...
Water in magneto make little difference, contratry to popular belief. La hover, i think it was, on youtube did a video on this. Took cover off and sprayed magneto while engine was running. Issue is prombably the cdi. Expecially if it is stock. Waterproofing on those is sketchy. Some are good, some not so much.

Yep found the vid, it was la hover.

Wont let me post the vid, but its in this search. Cant miss it. Shows hose being sprayed on bike
I think there is something wrong with the forum or the video won't open.
Well it wasn't CDI and wasn't the magneto I replace both of them.
I think it was copper to city that killed my motor only suspect left.

The motor was old I over 6000 miles on it ran pretty good it just up and died.
Sometimes they just do that and there nothing more you can except replace motor.. Other wise your just wasting time and money on some dead dog that's not going to be resurrected from the gave.

But I was luck had a spare motor and last summer put on a new jug that cheap oil packet you buy like from Wal-Mart burned it.
But noticing today I had clutch problems and I though no way he'll there could be cause got thousand miles on it problems.

So I disassembled the clutch it f***ing rotten like toenail fungus every thing fused together rotten never thought that happen.

So using the same CDI I took off the prior motor used it first clutch pop sad news almost shut down then tried another drop the thing fired yippee and runs much better with the new cylinder.

Water in magneto make little difference, contratry to popular belief. La hover, i think it was, on youtube did a video on this. Took cover off and sprayed magneto while engine was running. Issue is prombably the cdi. Expecially if it is stock. Waterproofing on those is sketchy. Some are good, some not so much.
I'm not sure whats up with the video, but I have seen tons of bikes come in for repair with bad mags due to recent water exposure. You should try the hose test on your bike and let us know how it turns out.

I'm not sure whats up with the video, but I have seen tons of bikes come in for repair with bad mags due to recent water exposure. You should try the hose test on your bike and let us know how it turns out.
Ill pass lol. No sense poking the bear.

Back