Why does everyone hate 4-stroke bikes?

I like like 4 stroke motor over 2 stroke here some of MY reasons 1 no oil mix start in the cold better and if shtf it can also be run on Wood gas I also checking if it can be run on LP gas LOL and it just run better

There are pros and cons to each but really the biggest factor to me is how simple the 2 stroke is. You got a crank, rod, and piston moving. That's it. IMO 4 strokes are a lot more nuanced after finally having the displeasure of working on one. Getting performance out of a 2 stroke is simple and cheap, with 4 strokes you need to buy a lot of other performance parts.

I recently purchased a Coleman ct200u-ex with a hisun 196cc honda clone, the first thing I needed to do is buy a $85+ flywheel so the stock one wouldn't fly apart and blow my leg off. Next I needed to upgrade the valve springs so it wouldn't float at higher rpms. I then needed a cam since you can only get so much out of a stock cam. There's also the rod that could fail and is another $85 but I opted not to get one. I hope the pushrods will hold up but a set of chromolys are another $35 if they bend. If I want more performance I would have to spend even more on a head with bigger valves, a bigger cam, etc. With more complexity and moving parts you need to pay more attention to part fitment as well, like coil bind and rocker angle after installing the aftermarket parts. Not to mention in my particular case it doesn't run right. It simply won't rev past about 6400 rpm and it cuts out randomly at half throttle. I fully realize that I'm inexperienced with 4 strokes but honestly I have no idea what the problem is and I can't pin down any problems.

There are pros and cons to each but really the biggest factor to me is how simple the 2 stroke is. You got a crank, rod, and piston moving. That's it. IMO 4 strokes are a lot more nuanced after finally having the displeasure of working on one. Getting performance out of a 2 stroke is simple and cheap, with 4 strokes you need to buy a lot of other performance parts.

I recently purchased a Coleman ct200u-ex with a hisun 196cc honda clone, the first thing I needed to do is buy a $85+ flywheel so the stock one wouldn't fly apart and blow my leg off. Next I needed to upgrade the valve springs so it wouldn't float at higher rpms. I then needed a cam since you can only get so much out of a stock cam. There's also the rod that could fail and is another $85 but I opted not to get one. I hope the pushrods will hold up but a set of chromolys are another $35 if they bend. If I want more performance I would have to spend even more on a head with bigger valves, a bigger cam, etc. With more complexity and moving parts you need to pay more attention to part fitment as well, like coil bind and rocker angle after installing the aftermarket parts. Not to mention in my particular case it doesn't run right. It simply won't rev past about 6400 rpm and it cuts out randomly at half throttle. I fully realize that I'm inexperienced with 4 strokes but honestly I have no idea what the problem is and I can't pin down any problems.
It could be you got a model with the built in electronic rev limiter. Its built into the ignition coil. Some models have it, some dont.

Maybe your engine was deigned to be a stationary workhorse instead of a racing engine. Some engines can successfully be used/upgraded such as the gx160, some are not.

I will build a 4-stroke one day... but frankly... my biggest beef with 4-strokes...

They are ugly. The engine is just... ugly. I don't care what brand... I don't care what you strip off of it... they're just ugly.

A 2-stroke engine just looks more like what you'd expect to see in a motor-bike... rather than what you'd expect to see in a "mini bike".

It could be you got a model with the built in electronic rev limiter. Its built into the ignition coil. Some models have it, some dont.
I've had 2 coils, 2 carbs, and 2 cams in various configurations and jetting but never saw more than 6420 rpm I believe. I'm going to make a new thread about it.and not clutter up this one.

I will build a 4-stroke one day... but frankly... my biggest beef with 4-strokes...

They are ugly. The engine is just... ugly. I don't care what brand... I don't care what you strip off of it... they're just ugly.

A 2-stroke engine just looks more like what you'd expect to see in a motor-bike... rather than what you'd expect to see in a "mini bike".
Yeah, I agree 4 strokes are ugly LOL
DSCF4681.JPG

DSCF4683.JPG

Back