witch kit should I buy is A Friction Drive better then a Chain drive?

Thomas Williams

Local time
7:55 PM
I wanting to buy a kit what kit is better a friction drive or a chain drive.
I have never seen a kit up close and I know nothing about these kits all help would be appreciated .

I will have around $200.00 + the cost of a bike.
I'll be needing it for transportation.
does any web site offer a bike and kit deal?
:pimp::confused:???????

Afraid with your budget an HT kit is all that can be had unless you go used. F/d is my fav but i'm a fair weather rider, if the weather sucks bike stands still. F/D is useless in wet or snowy weather. Just read and narrow down your criteria so you can make the best choice for yourself. Theres a few riders here from the dallas area maybe you could hookup and see their rides to get some ideas. Don't buy a kit on impulse, even if you need to waite to save up more money its the best way to proceed. Once you buy a kit you can never get your purchase price back and normally will sell it at a loss if its not what you want after riding it.......good luck.

First a good steel-frame bike (Important), FD's can be used in the rain/snow but you have to feather the throttle and pedal up.Thats-dax and BMP FD have the option to go chain/belt later if you find the roller isn't your thing.I wouldn't suggest buying a bike already built, it's very wise to know how the system works, you'll learn all the trial/error in the installation and subsequent refittings.$200 will get a good used or cheap new system, some frame mounts are hard to fit to some modern mountain bikes, FD's will fit on everything including a banana-seat schwinn.Remember if you go cheap you may end up cursing the whole idea before you have any fun.Put that money away, read read read, then decide.

Back