Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Since starting to build in 2008 I usually found myself with MiCargi steel frames. But even with basic engines I was managing to snap frames. Ive tried having reinforcements welded in but still ended up cracking other places. For this build I wanted to have a nice chill cruiser. Max 35mph and tuned for more like 25mph. This is why I ended up with a 48 tooth rear sprocket. That led me to search for a frame better suited for motors and I came across the Electra 7D, I found a lady who was selling one of facebook for $100, she took $80. It was in rough condition but perfect for what I needed it for, a complete build from the ground up. This frame is an ideal candidate for a motor addition. The rear dropouts are massive and the...
I wanted to try and clean up my post from last build so people wouldn't have to go through the entire thread. Here are some final build pics and link to my FB page to see some videos of first ride and sounds..we are looking to start a new build soon but will be a production bike will full suspension and a lot of goodies you guys will like. How to get support when it's done and I will do my best to post pics and videos of that build as well. And if you look me up on facebook my profile is public so there are quite a few pics there and videos..will update more later.https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmark
So I recently moved from Austin to LA and had to leave my first build behind. A buddy of mine has it and it doesn't run at the moment. I would like to ship it here at one point but till then I had to get something going! I started with a Schwinn typhoon And found a guy on craigslist selling the motors for $185 about half an hour from me. From what I hear online companies won't ship them to ya in Cali so I went ahead and picked one up from this guy to try out. It was brand new and everything was in there perfectly. So I got everything set up and on the bike. Flipped the handle bars upside down and bought soft white handlebar tape and put it right over the stock grip to match the bike. I still have to buy white electrical take and...
Hello again, came here to "get schooled" before I started a build I knew nothing about, lots of useful info here. After gaining some knowledge here I have decided to go a little different route then original plan, that's why I'm posting on the "white page" and not in projects section. I went with a 150cc Lifan motor that would definitely make this more of a Whizzer size bike then motorized bicycle. Because of this I won't post much about it here but will give a review of the donor bike when it arrives, a worksman industrial. I was going to buy all the donor parts separate but is cheaper to buy a whole bike and cut it up( I can picture your faces as you read that LOL...) The bike I ordered has the drum brakes front and rear and came to...
This is my other bike, I just picked up The motor on friday, installed it on my 3g, Wanting to know of any ideas on relocating the component box, and battery; or a smaller battery. Thought about a rear cargo rack or hard shell saddlebags. plan on adding headlights and rear turn signals and brake light anda rear drap stand. Still dialing it in, and breaking in,happy with it so far; Any advice?
I've been extremely busy lately with getting in shape and freeride mountain biking that I haven't had time for much of anything lately. Here's something else that has been keeping me from the forums...Brutus with a facelift. New color and motor augmentation...48cc to a 70cc. Well, never mind. I keep getting a database error when I try to attach pictures. There are pictures of Brutus on a different forum but you'll have to look for them yourself until I can figure out what's wrong here. Dan
well i thought this morning i would share some of my work. the first two pics are my brothers cranbrook. the front and rear fenders have been removed, after his accident we decided we don`t need no stinking fenders!!! the front L-bracket somehow snapped, the fender then caught the wheel getting lodged on the bottom. he says he skied a little then fell to one side,no worries the bike is fine!!he has a little road rash and has since mostly healed. The green bike is my latest build, i got her on craig`s list mostly stripped for 25 bones.not too bad for my first paint job imo, there are spots where the paints a little light.as for what brand it is i don`t really know,my guess is it`s a J C Higgens since my bro has a girls bike that has...
Everybody in Southern CA Please be on the lookout for this bike.. It was stolen by the GRINCH on 12/23/2008 Pretty easy to SPOT - Bright Orange with FLAMES!!! Lifan 125 custom 1 of a kind. Taken in Escondido - Probably still in San Diego area...... call 808-387-4381 if you see it CA license plate # CO31369
Here is my first build. It's a Bridgestone MB6 (circa 1992 or 1993). Need to finish adjusting rear sprocket (chain tension issues). I'd also like to congratulate JohnnyLoves on his first build too! At 17, he shows great promise and a perseverance- without any direction, he's made a great bike with very few tools! Nice Job!
:D Well, here it is, a purely functional, made with what I had, no frills,motorized bike. The Piaa light got dropped, and I haven't flamed it yet, 700 miles have been put on, just for testing purposes of course. I actually wore out the kevlar reinforced tires that I originally put on the bike, had to replace them with what was available, 26x2.125, now it is really a smooth ride. Gas mileage is about 100 mpg. I ride the bike to work every chance i get, but it seems to rain a lot. Hope you like it. Scrollerguy
:???: Here is another try at it. http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876761/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0011.jpg http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876758/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0019.jpg http://server3.pictiger.com/img/876759/reality-and-real-world/dscf-0016.jpg Yes the pics are fuzzy, but you kinda get the idea. The motor is very quiet, with almost no vibration at all. I did graft a suspension front end from a mountain bike. It will have turn signals, Piaa lights, brake light' and of course a digital speedometer. The tires are Kevlar reinforced as well. Oh yeah, it also has a twist grip throttle and electric start. Hope ya like it. Scrollerguy
Ok, I am in the process of building a custom bottom bracket for a custom build I am working on but need some help with something. I am looking at using a 3/4" ID x 1 5/8" outside diameter bearing and going to be putting a 3/4" shaft as my spindle. I'm wanting to press fit this bearing into tubing but have seen some 4130 chromoly tubing with an inside diameter of 1.624 but the company cannot guarantee or even knows if that really is the ID of the tubing. So, my question is, has anyone used this size bearing and pressed fit it into this size tubing before? Or, maybe someone can give me some ideas for making a custom bottom bracket they might have seen using a 3/4" ID bearing? Reason for making a custom BB is because all the ones I have...
Back