66cc Engine & a Walmart bike.... Help!

Huffy

I'm finishing a build on a Huffy Cranbrook. Everything's going together nicely, with only minor mods, and the bike is $79 at Wal Mart. Adding a front brake from Spooky for $25. Looks cool too!

Cran-Bruizer

Make darned sure you add support to your front fender and youl have to space your rear chain tire headroom with axel washers or smaller tire .. other than that I built one for a boss/friend and it ruuuuns killer sprocket allighnment was the only installation process that took any length of time . He and many others bit it hard when thier fender vibrate loose so Im warning you now of this.

My 1st build is a cranbrook.Problem I have is with shutoff valve on gas tank is against the 2 bars of frame under the main bar the tank goes on.The tank sits at an angle.They make an awsome looking cruiser.Just need to figure out the valve problem.I used a Grubee Sky Hawk GT5 66/80cc black finish on a gold colored cranbrook.

got about 200 miles on my Cranbrook. I got the Fashion Cruiser from WalMart.com. Then, I tore everything off of it but the tires, handlebars and frame. Tires are coming off soon.

I had no problem lining up the sprockets, in fact, I have a dished sprocket and I put the dished teeth IN toward the tire and it still works fine and gives me a little more room by the frame. I've added a few other pieces as well.

Attachments

• Finished2.jpg
    Finished2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,806
  • Finished7.jpg
    Finished7.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 2,277
Steve, do you still have your bike with the friction drive Titan 50 ?
No Schwinn Jags at Greenville Target either. I looked for one last night !

Last edited:
I had to grind out the small bar where the fuel petcock was hitting on my cranbrook. Molded it in with body filler,painted & all is good

I used a WalMart Huffy Cranbrook I recommend a beach cruiser over a mountain bike, more wheelbase, easier to access ' engine bay '
I removed fenders, upgraded to worksman wheels, added calipers ft + rear,
and a Grubee 66cc engine. Awaiting final build parts. I saw a poster's bike, and loved the Cream and Silver color scheme. Valspar Almond Beige is a good match to the Cream color , and I painted accessories to match.

i got 5 or 6 thousand miles on my cranbrick and i love it very much specially since it came with heavy duty spokes front and back and i also took off my fenders and added a bike rack to it now i ride and carry stuff on it and i got a 66cc and a 49cc motor i can enter change in 15 minutes either one i want on it .

Back