Engine Trouble All the research isn't helping, the SOB will not run!

^^^ exactly what i was going to say, but, as ive been beaten...erm...um....caterpillars!

well, its too lean IF it starts fairly easy with some CHOKE... and if general performance improves slightly by running with partial choke.

now, why is it lean?

carb maladjusted.
intake leak.
crank seals.

etc.

a year is nothing. ive left some things for a decade or more!

You let a whole year go by - that's defeatism of the highest order
prefer to call it patience and tenacity tbh. Defeatism would have resulted in it finding a special place on my local tip. It's still a pos in my opinion, but it's still running after a week which is a surprise.
Thanks for the advise Gents, I'll drop the clip a notch or two and see if that helps with the starting.

Personally, I'd give that engine a decent burial, and get a reliable Japanese
engine.

Centre mount Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engines are surprisingly reliable, so long as you get a Jaguar CDI, and a CR Machine Manufacturing billet cylinder head and a Walbro style diaphragm carburettor attached to a Rock Solid Engines reed valve intake, and then give the bike proper functionality by adding a SickBikeParts Deluxe shift kit with the optional left hand side and right hand side chain tensioners, as well as a final drive chain stabilisation system.

As things stand, my Chinese bicycle engine is giving perfect reliability, day in and day out.

Reliability skyrockets once you ditch the stock chain, tensioner, and switch to either a shift kit or a hub-mounted sprocket. New CDI and carb and head are nice but I find that the drivetrain in the 2 stroke kits are by far the weak link.

Early on, every time I rode my bike I rode it until something broke and always replaced the broken part with a new American made or Japanese made part and every time I eliminated a weak link the bike went further and further before another failure.

My engine has been perfectly reliable so far.

Early on, every time I rode my bike I rode it until something broke and always replaced the broken part with a new American made or Japanese made part and every time I eliminated a weak link the bike went further and further before another failure.

My engine has been perfectly reliable so far.

After the initial 2 years of pain, despair, heartache and the sound of my teeth grinding away in my sleep over non stop reliability issues, my bike now goes very, very far, and is perfectly reliable.

Back