Are There Any NE-5 Auto Clutches Out There

Cruzzer Clutch is what's available today www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/dsc03800/
Not sure how good they are I've never used a Cruzzer Clutch
I have two of them with 100+ miles on them, original springs and they lock up decently. I'm considering purchasing one of those from Paul and attempting to remove the seal without destroying it using a nonmarring tool. If I'm successful I will disassemble the two clutches with 100 miles on them.

I am using one of Paul's eyebolt spring tensor system but changed out the eyebolt for more adjustment. Works like a champ.

To take the Cruzzer Clutch apart, it's by removing a snap ring on the end of the center shaft

To take the Cruzzer Clutch apart, it's by removing a snap ring on the end of the center shaft
And it's not an easy task, unless the new version has changed.

I think I may have figured out how to duplicate Quenton's clutch. Still have a way to go on these builds, just started.

I have two of them with 100+ miles on them, original springs and they lock up decently. I'm considering purchasing one of those from Paul and attempting to remove the seal without destroying it using a nonmarring tool. If I'm successful I will disassemble the two clutches with 100 miles on them.

I am using one of Paul's eyebolt spring tensor system but changed out the eyebolt for more adjustment. Works like a champ.
can you show me picture of it in place? I could not figure out where to "put it" so it would work

And it's not an easy task, unless the new version has changed.
New version Cruzzer uses a snap ring on one end to hold the two halves together
There are a few things that are different on the Cruzzer clutch

Here a pic of the seal, In case your wondering how thick it is
DSCF0558.JPGDSCF0559.JPGDSCF0560.JPG

If ya ruin a grease seal you can still use your clutch That grease seal isn't that critical, Just don't over grease the one way bearing,
A dab of grease about the size of your fingernail is good to grease the One way bearing, I mix molly with wheel bearing grease
I don't even use a Grease seal on my clutch

New seals can be bought, just measure it and look em up on line there common

Sure it is, all's ya need is a pair of snap ring pliers, remove the snap ring and the two halves fall apart,

The one way bearing stays in the half with the Clutch shoes

That grease seal, will pop out too, ya just gotta pry from the inside edge and work in a circle
Cool. That answers that question. I have read a few post that said you had to destroy the seal to get it out. I'm going to attempt to duplicate Quenton's clutch.

Back