Are We Outlaws ??

We have the "Keep Australia Beautiful" Campaign in Australia to protect it from littering, if your caught dropping a cigarette butt on the ground for example its a $75 fine! Putting a flier or leaflet on someones car without their permission $200 fine is another... We do use Coal to generate power but have a continually growing number of Wind power farms you seen the size of them Windmills MY GOD they are big!! There is now talk of Nuclear power stations be a brave government that passess it i think, can
t see it happening in the near future but will happen eventually, we export HUGE amounts of Uranium but use none of it for power generation ourselves ;-S

Personally though i think the big push for reducing green house gasses and "saving the environment" etc etc etc is a crock of ****, the earths climate has fluctuated over the last few millions of years and will continue to do so with or without our help IMO...All the vehicle emissions that the tree huggers blame for destroying the Ozone layer and what not fails in comparison to the damage done by the methane the cows on the planet put out from their farts true FACT! ...I found this video the other day very interesting-->

http://vimeo.com/7030026

That said im not one that goes out and deliberately causes harm to the environment but i'm also not going to deny myself something if it isn't the most environmentally friendly option.

KiM

I agree. this sky is falling sh8t is just that. The world is always shifting the climate.
That said if we can as a people lessen the impact on the Earth it can only pay dividends in the future.

Now the Governments are in it there will be constant repression of peoples rights. I like the idea of an electric motor but I would be happier if it went a greater distance. Then I look at gas engines and weigh the two between how far am I going to go.
Most of my riding is going to be at best a 20 mile trip.
As messed up as my legs and back are I won't be on it any more than that. The pain factor rules out longer trips.

I plan to take it with me as I travel in my motor home and use it as a get about vehicle.
The thought is that solar power may be able to recharge it if the battery charger for the Ping batteries is compatable.

Well thats my thought for the day. 11.30 PM here and it will all start to soon for me once again.
Until the next time.
Steve.

Motorized outlaw bicyclists

I do feel like an outlaw on the streets of San Francisco but I'm a busted up vet carrying around a 2' piece of steel in my left leg preventing me from riding like I did 20 years ago. Fortunately, the City leaders recently enacted a city wide bicycle plan mandating that CA DMV code 406a bicycles stick to bike routes and bike lanes keeping me from getting flattened on the streets. Here's the question. Which pumps out more fumes on the 7 1/2 mile ride to work; my motorized bicycle or my pumped 300 pony slant six Valiant (that gets about a mile to the gallon)? I would rather peel rubber and pull 12 second 1/4 miles to work but I just cannot afford the gas while my bike gets me back and forth to work on just one 1/2 gallon tank all week long.
The regular cyclists despise me while the real bikers laugh and ridicule me so I guess that I must be doing something right. I don't speed, run red lights, or blow through stop signs for fear of accident (I've already been run off the road by a drunk driver). If this makes me an outlaw, so be it. I just want to get to work without having to shell out cash to our inept local transit agency or dole out cash to the oil firms. 1/2 gallon at a time seems resonable to me.

Attachments

• bikerjay.jpg
    bikerjay.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hiya Jay GREAT Kudos for the pic mate and nice looking ride you have to bet she pulls up well with the disk up front! Oh and im sure you dont anywayz but ill say it ...pay no attention to the Lycras and other cyclists that ridicule you mate, if your havin a fat time that IS all that matters mate ...

KiM

AJ-went up to the powers that be and asked if I could register a home built gas powered bike.
Over here we have a saying about a deer in a head light look. Slack jawed and wide eyed just be for you hit them with the car.
That was our man. He had me out of the office with a card so I could call the Gov. and it was all over.

Looks like electric is the way to go for me. All it can do is cost money.
The part I hate in Canada is the green suit you have to wear if you have an electric bike.
Government wants to prove that it is working. See someone else who gone green.

They want people to use electric bikes but you can't have a small generator to keep the battery charged.

Steve.

We have a similar Idiom here ie. "like a rabiit caught in the headlights"..same deal different beast LoL Pitty about the gas powered business, at least you get to legally use more than 200watt so not all bad i guess, going to cost you more though which is a downer :-( You should head over to Endless Sphere when you get started on the electric build mix it with some locals you might get some good deals! There is a member there DoctorBass he sells cheaper cells from recycled bosh and makita drill packs he might be local too you! Could save you some coin, he has the longest range ebike in the Sphere 200km per charge NO pedal assist. There is a decent Market Place on ES that will save you heap of $$$ and as mentioned previous post there is a heap of Canadians there so you will be local to alot of the great deals!

KiM

You have rabbits in OZ?
What is the 200W sh8t anyway? The git that wrote that got a shock as a child?
You would do better with a sail and a breeze. Does that pull a man along or do you have to peddal franticly to get any speed? Lot of questions I know but I just can't help but wonder. Kidding about the rabbits!

Think the worlds politicians should be drowned and the worlds lawyers used as anchors.

Do you get special allowance as far as power ect since you were injured? Nothing here but did meet a guy who was in a wheel chair from a motorcycle accident who sat in his flat bed side car with a set of handle bars in front of him and the bike beside him. The bars were hooked to the steering post of the forks and the chair was anchored by locks to the side car.
He would unlock the chair and drop the ramps of the side car and off he would go. Roll up on the side car lock himself down fire up the bike and pull up the ramp and off he would go. Had a lever to shift gears.

They gave him h*ll to get his license back but in the end they couldn't stop him.

Yes, it will cost more to start electric AJ but the fines are not light and this way I'll have more than a sore arse and a wet kiss for my efforts.

Steve.

Yeah the 200watt limit is a bit of a joke, on the flat it would push you along but any incline would require pedal assist.

Mobility scooters here in OZ have no max power stipulation but are hit with a 15km/hr max speed limit and your not allowed on the road with them. My trike has done 80km/hr so its a tad over the max speed limit :p I have been spotted by the local ranger once when crusing along the cycle path, all i got from him was a smile and a wave, I never think of the legality side of it IRL only on forums when its bought up, the electric is very stealthy i guess this is the reason i don't give it much thought, well, that and i haven't seen a Police car up in my area for as long as i can remember LoL...Sure as **** though if i whacked in a ICE motor they would be onto me like flies on **** LoL... People up here are laid back and me zipping around on a noisy two stroke would cause unwanted attention.

KiM

Last edited:
I do feel like an outlaw on the streets of San Francisco but I'm a busted up vet carrying around a 2' piece of steel in my left leg preventing me from riding like I did 20 years ago. Fortunately, the City leaders recently enacted a city wide bicycle plan mandating that CA DMV code 406a bicycles stick to bike routes and bike lanes keeping me from getting flattened on the streets. Here's the question. Which pumps out more fumes on the 7 1/2 mile ride to work; my motorized bicycle or my pumped 300 pony slant six Valiant (that gets about a mile to the gallon)? I would rather peel rubber and pull 12 second 1/4 miles to work but I just cannot afford the gas while my bike gets me back and forth to work on just one 1/2 gallon tank all week long.
The regular cyclists despise me while the real bikers laugh and ridicule me so I guess that I must be doing something right. I don't speed, run red lights, or blow through stop signs for fear of accident (I've already been run off the road by a drunk driver). If this makes me an outlaw, so be it. I just want to get to work without having to shell out cash to our inept local transit agency or dole out cash to the oil firms. 1/2 gallon at a time seems resonable to me.

Hey sunsetboy, thank you for your service! I always wondered why they choked the slant six with little one barrel carburetors and restrictive intake/exhaust manifolds. As far as the other "elite" cyclists - they can all **** off as far as I'm concerned.

I have read alot of Canadas power is generated by hydro ? Would make the electric bike a that lil more environmentally friendly i guess, no coal or nuclear to generate the power too charge them, are Canadians in general more conscious of the environment than your South American neighbours maybe? Now all they need to do is figure out a way to dispose of dead batteries in an environmentally friendly way and they will have their totally green mode of transport too keep them happy LoL..

Cheers Santa hehee

KiM

I know, isnt that ridiculous... I thought the same thing

Last edited:
Back