Bike was running 1 month ago...now won't start...

if it's not getting to the manifold try blowing in the gas tank with the piston at the bottom of its stroke (kinda dangerous so be careful :???: ) but if it is through the line and going to the float bowl (im not to sure what this is but it seems like the jet to me) it probably is in the manifold. If you could help with the definition of Float bowl i could help more. If still no luck you could manually prime it.

As always new gas cleaned lines and carb alittle no ignition primes couldn't hurt Tell me if you fix it :D

it is 90% not an ignition problem...it is a clutch problem...when I disengage clutch...the gears don't rotate and the piston doesn't move...it just locks.

I took apart the whole clutch..and redid it after lubricating parts...but the ball bearing didn't come out. Tomorrow I will try to find that...it could be jammed...that is only logical explanaition

No, a month will not cause the gas to go bad. Sitting for that period is not going to hurt the engine as far as rings and piston g.............actually a month is plenty to ruin gas if it is cheap,has alot of ethanol/methanol,low octane,and temp. also has to do w. it

look for the simple explanation first

What happened to me was my chain was a bit too loose and it got caught between the the back of the case and the cog. (happened when I was going down hill fast in a tunnel) I had to file the drive sprocket and got a new, better chain.

your other possibility is that your motor locked up. That happened to me also when the C pin that held the piston to the pin came loose and got caught between the piston and the cylinder wall. I had to wright that motor off (Cost me about eighty bucks)

there is a way you can see if its jammed quick and thats to take off the plate that the drive cog is on and take the spark plug out, now get a socket wrench that fits the nut on the drive cog and see if you can turn it. Do it in a bike stand or with the rear wheel able to rotate freely.

MIke the bike guy

No, a month will not cause the gas to go bad. Sitting for that period is not going to hurt the engine as far as rings and piston g.............actually a month is plenty to ruin gas if it is cheap,has alot of ethanol/methanol,low octane,and temp. also has to do w. it

its interesting that i got a fourstroker here that died way back, 6 months or so. i left it with half a tank of fuel. i just started fiddling with it the other day...

fuel in the CARB has gone rotten(that smell is unmistakeable)

fuel in the TANK is fine! (just as unmistakeable...)

BP 98 ultimates :D

Back