Engine Trouble bike wont start

Like that photo MotorPsycho. Reminds me of the opening scenes of the movie On Any Sunday!

yeah this pic was taken by my friends older brother.
he was taking a photography class in high school at the time, and all of us jumping our bikes was his subject matter.
I was the youngest of the group and i probably did the most insane stuff because i had no fear.
He took a ton of pics, but this is the only one that he gave me.
a few of the pics of me jumping ended up in a display case at the local bmx bike shop. there was one pic in that case that had me and my friend side by side jumping, both kicking the rear wheel to the right just like in the pic of me by myself. it looked like a mirror image because we were at the same height, and both kicking the rear wheel out at the same angle.
the big difference was that my friend was about twice my size.
the deceiving thing about the above pic is how high off the ground i am. i used a bump that was about 3 inches high where the dirt met a blacktop driveway (this was behind a church). if you look close at the pic, you will see that i'm about 4-5 feet off the ground....which was pretty good for only useing a 3 inch bump.
mind you, at the time i think i may have weighed 80 pounds.
look at all the goons in the background of the pic. all of them are a lot older than me. I was in grade school....4th grade to be exact and everyone else was in jr. high and high school.

I once cut off the tip off one of my pinky fingers playing with scissors. wait. what does this have to do with this guys bike not starting? funny thread

Running yet?

So lewsidius, Ever get your bike running? It seems we all got a little off topic. I'm sure we'll all try to do better, But probably not succeed.
Big Red.

:unsure:
i fixed my clutch but discovered im not getting a spark any more
my cdi i feel took a bit of a beating (mabey it got too wet) does that have anything to do with the spark

cause i feel like my magneto isnt the problem
it looks like its in order
so my clutch seems better and im getting good suction!
i wanna either get or make a new gasket for my carb
i cant find anyone to provide them
can they be made or does anyone know a provider?
no spark:cry:

CDI/Carb Gasket

:unsure:
i fixed my clutch but discovered im not getting a spark any more
my cdi i feel took a bit of a beating (mabey it got too wet) does that have anything to do with the spark

cause i feel like my magneto isnt the problem
it looks like its in order
so my clutch seems better and im getting good suction!
i wanna either get or make a new gasket for my carb
i cant find anyone to provide them
can they be made or does anyone know a provider?
no spark:cry:
Yeah lewsidius, The first thing to check is the spark plug, then the CDI unit. I installed a brand new RAW engine on a friends bike last month. This month I replaced the CDI for him. But if you're still running that cheap chinese spark plug, Get a NGK B6HS. Just make sure everything else looks in order. No exposed wires, Burnt looking coils, ect.(If coil covering is dark brown, It's burnt.)CDI's are 16 or 18 bucks on e-bay.
The carb gasket is just thin gasket stock. You can probably buy a sheet of it at a good auto parts store. Or just order one from almost anyone that sells motorized parts. A LOT of people don't like Boygofast on e-bay but I've never had any problems and he gets it to you in 3 or 4 days. Just go to e-bay and type in "Motorized Bicycle". You'll get a few hundred listings from 60 or 80 venders. BGF will have the most listings. (I KNOW I'm gonna catch H3LL for recomending him.) But he's cheap and fast. Just don't buy a engine kit from him. He is REAL slow at fixing problems with the full kits.(Or so I've heard.)
Big Red.
Kragens/ O'Riely's Part # NGK 7534

Last edited:
awesome
sounds good
i got good spark plugs for sure!
i even got a new spark plug boot from sick bike parts !
but its probubly the cdi
what goes on those things any way?
is it due to water damage?
can the be taken apart ?
whats in them?

if i go with a 80 cc cdi box
it wouldnt boost house power would it
what are some ways i can do that
make the bike more powerful
i already upgraded the muffler

wait...if you have good spark, the cdi and the magneto are working fine.
no an 80 c.c. cdi will not make any difference in spark or performance.,
you woudl have to go with one of the aftermarket cdi's which are for 80 c.c. dirt bikes i think. there is a post on here somerhewre about them and i think they are called jaguar?? not sure.
you want to make the engine more powerful?
get an expansion chamber and a high flow air filter for starters. Those are simple bolt on parts that will easily make more power.
other things you cvan do is port & polish the transfer ports and mill the head, but you REALLY need to know what you're doing in order to do it right for the best performance.

Back