chain hiting tire

To bend the rear "forks" (frame from pedal crank to rear axle) what tools are needed and how would you go about it? (I can picture myself gouging the heck out of the metal using the wrong tools while the metal is hot from being torched)

Do not heat up and bend the rear forks..do not bend the rear forks cold........ Also keep in mind that the rear sprocket must exactly line up with the motor drive sprocket....your chain might be way to loose and flopping around.....Best bet is to get thinner tires..1.50x26

Last edited:
I have the same problem and its making my tires very dirty.

I decided to use 2 flat washers on each bolt and now its fine.

SPROCKET/WASHERS X2 / RAG / RIM / RAGE / METAL PLATE / NUTS

works good no movement on sprocket after months.

hitting tire

Im rather new to this but her we go. Could it be as simple as ordering another pinapple kit to fur the main gear out a little further so the th chain clears the tire. If the gear wasnt so close to wheel rim it might clear. I have a shcwinn and i noticed as my mounts for the rear gear get older they are compressing and the chain is getting closer

Do what you feel you need to do.
Just be careful that the rear sprocket and chain run stay in line with the engine sprocket.
Some vendors offer an offset engine sprocket to help with alignment.

I have less than 1/8th inch clearance and so far have had no problems. Looking at the tire I can't even see any marks on it. I keep the chain tensioner adjusted good and have it positioned a bit farther away from the tire. Having these fat tires makes a lot of difference in ride comfort.

i had the same with a crusier style my self one way i did it was no white walls there no marks and went skinner tires still ride good and no worn out tires my main problem is the pedals hitting the motor and exaust so i ordered a wider crank from girl go faster and a bunch of other stuff

Back