Dont let this happen to you!

The sad part is people riding with out safety gear or sense ruin things for every one. Helmet, boots, gloves, brakes and common sense should be the minimum one leaves for a ride with.
P.S eye protection too

Last edited:
I went down Sunday when a woman in a car pulled out in front of me. I had Heavy jeans, sweatshirt and Helmet on. I wish I also had gloves and boots. I slid and tumbled a while which tore up my right hand and severely sprained my rt foot/ankle. But I jumped up and climbed back on my iron horse and went home for some Rx. When the beer wore off I went to Urgent Care to x-ray foot area. Lucky it wasn't broken. Bike and rider overall ok, but I won't forget the rest of the safety gear next ride.

Yeah I agree that eye protection is essential, during the day I wear sunglasses, at night, safety glasses.

If you get stuff in your eyes, you're for all intensive purposes blind. You wouldn't ride your bike with your eyes closed... would you? heh

Flip flops, and I think you can see the shadow of an un-buckled helmet strap in a couple of frames.

Makes me wonder what I used to wonder about the clowns on the Jerry Springer show---how could someone that dumb have survived early childhood?

Makes me wonder what I used to wonder about the clowns on the Jerry Springer show---how could someone that dumb have survived early childhood?

There is an expression in Russia that translate roughly to "you shouldn't have lived this long"(due to stupidity). That fits.

Back