Engine Turning

I was trying out some engine turning on my new kit from Dax. This is a 65cc econo kit on an old bike someone gave me, I will do the paint and the like later. I am going to use a drop down tank, and some comfort bars. Let me know what you think? Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 1,567
  • PICT0071.JPG
    PICT0071.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 739
I found a 30 tooth sprocket and I think I will try it on this bike. Any one run a sprocket that small? I wonder if this 65cc engine will pull it. Have fun Dave

Dave,

Nice work sir. So often I envision the motor biker as a strapping young man - fully prepared to take a bicycle with a 2 stroke motor attached to it to **** and back ( and usually he doesn't make it back without walking or peddling part way ;) ).

However, more often then not the visage of the modern motor biker is well past the 40 yard line and happens to be that he usually comes up with the best **** on the block. I just want to add that in some way it's gratifying to know that even he occasionally runs into the occasional flat tire or so - simply because it lets us young whippersnappers know that motorbiking is without bounds. Imagine, once in a while even the best planned bike can pick up a nail or two.

All jokes aside, happy biking and best regards - JacksonCognac.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I added a new item today, a brace for the muffler. I took it out for a ride and noticed straight away the difference in the vibration of the bike. I don't have one on any of the other bikes, I will now. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• PICT0221.JPG
    PICT0221.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 234
I used a piece of tubing and contoured it to fit the frame, and that is a SS Steel hose clamp with the fitting on the sprocket side, works like a charm. The pressure just holds the pipe in place. Looking at the pic, I need to get some paint on this thing. I think I need to build a Recumbent bike with a motor, my backside can't take the seats on these things much more. Have fun, Dave

I used a piece of tubing and contoured it to fit the frame, and that is a SS Steel hose clamp with the fitting on the sprocket side, works like a charm. The pressure just holds the pipe in place. Looking at the pic, I need to get some paint on this thing. I think I need to build a Recumbent bike with a motor, my backside can't take the seats on these things much more. Have fun, Dave

Take a look at these Egor....i didn't think they worked but apparently they do:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=99424#post99424

Back