Exaust question?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well that’s changing the price it was supposed to be 65.50 but it’s changing it to 83

Jog 50 pipe is really cheap right now on ebay. $77 USD free shipping and returns
Ebay link
The Jog pipe just delivered to me. Wow did that arrive quick!
20201223_195452.jpg

I like it! Its got a 1 inch flared to 1 7/16 inch ID header, 100mm OD belly, 5/8" ID stinger.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The Jog pipe just delivered to me. Wow did that arrive quick!
View attachment 102440
I like it! Its got a 1 inch flared to 1 7/16 inch ID header, 100mm OD belly, 5/8" ID stinger.
That is the first cone, the little piece at the very end that attaches to the engine is the header. Like maybe 100 mm long, should be 300 mm for best performance. To get it to fit on the bike you might have to modify that number. Know anyone who bends pipe?

That is the first cone, the little piece at the very end that attaches to the engine is the header. Like maybe 100 mm long, should be 300 mm for best performance. To get it to fit on the bike you might have to modify that number. Know anyone who bends pipe?
Haha thats funny, I started my career as an apprentice electrician not too long ago and we bend pipe all the time. But idk if the bending radius of 1" emt is gonna be enough. Have you tried making a header out of it before and succeeded?

Last edited:
Yea, it doesn't bend a very tight radius, I had to section one to make it fit right. Looks way better than a bunch of welded rings. I wouldn't use galvanized pipe though, too much fumes and doesn't weld very well, try to fine some mild steel. Mild steel welds easy and make a nice sound.

I some times use galvanized pipe to make brackets, but I sand off all the coating before I weld, keep shop well ventilated and wear a mask. Sanding the part lets the weld penetrate better.

Exhaust port duration x 1700 divided by peak rpm gives total length from piston face to 3/4 through baffle cone, the header length is really not important as many pipes have no header at all once fitted at tuned length!

Back