Exhaust kits for small engines

fetor56, I mean the other end of the struts. Staton has three adjustment holes to raise/lower the engine channel.

5-7HEAVEN
"Unsure if that's gonna be a problem for me"....it was a concern for me so a fabbed two 2mm stainless steel brackets,so the struts now bolt in 2 places.
View attachment 17378

View attachment 17379
You lost me on this. How many screws attach the aluminum brackets to the frame, speaking in terms of exactly how the kit came. I'm under the impression only one, so did you fabricate the plate that appears to have 3 allen head screws and one hex head bolt ? I think they should have at least 2, that would help reduce rotation tendency due to torque from the engine. The way that thing works, the engine will have a tendency to pull it's self backwards. Then again the barcket that attaches the the frame where your brake is located should stop that. I don't know ! I'm an architect, not a bicycle scientist ! Just my opinion ! Guess I'll find out next week when my kit gets here. I did get a confirmation e:mail from USPS today with a tracking number. It was shipped this morning, priority.
Thanks for all the info and photos !

Last edited:
You lost me on this. How many screws attach the aluminum brackets to the frame, speaking in terms of exactly how the kit came. I'm under the impression only one, so did you fabricate the plate that appears to have 3 allen head screws and one hex head bolt ? I think they should have at least 2, that would help reduce rotation tendency due to torque from the engine. The way that thing works, the engine will have a tendency to pull it's self backwards. Then again the barcket that attaches the the frame where your brake is located should stop that. I don't know ! I'm an architect, not a bicycle scientist ! Just my opinion ! Guess I'll find out next week when my kit gets here. I did get a confirmation e:mail from USPS today with a tracking number. It was shipped this morning, priority.
Thanks for all the info and photos !
Take for example one strut only:
The supplied aluminium strut doesn't bolt directly to the frame now.....it bolts to the stainless steel bracket i fabbed,& the SS bracket then bolts to the frame.
What i'm doing is securing everything in 2 places instead of one.........you'll see when u get your kit. :D

Take for example one strut only:
The supplied aluminium strut doesn't bolt directly to the frame now.....it bolts to the stainless steel bracket i fabbed,& the SS bracket then bolts to the frame.
What i'm doing is securing everything in 2 places instead of one.........you'll see when u get your kit. :D
I got it now ! Thanks ! Like I said earlier, I thinK they ought to have at least 2 connnection points ! Looks like a simple fab, since I do Autocad and one of my best buds owns a machine shop. Thanks for sharing !

..... PC .....

fetor, no need for apology.:D

:unsure:Porkchop, what I've done with all of my friction drive installs is to drill the struts' bottom mounting holes to 1/4" and use grade-8 mounting bolts.

Of course you have to drill the frame's dropout where the strut bolts on to.

Last edited by a moderator:
fetor, no need for apology.:D

:unsure:Porkchop, what I've done with all of my friction drive installs is to drill the struts' bottom mounting holes to 1/4" and use grade-8 mounting bolts.

I need to just wait until I get my kit in a few days, evaluate it and go from there. I do want something that I don't have to tnker with, tha I can just jump on, ride and enjoy. Can we send personal e:mails through this web site ? Do our e:mail addresses show up here somewhere ? I've been a memberhere for 13 days now and am still learnng !

if you want to contact another member left click on their name and a menu will pop up from their you can send a Private Message to them, without having to swap private emails,

great for commucating with other members....

if you want to contact another member left click on their name and a menu will pop up from their you can send a Private Message to them, without having to swap private emails,

great for commucating with other members....

Thanks for the reply, I've already figured it out.
..... PC .....

I got my kit assembled yesterday. Surprisingly the engine in question (Harbor Freight 2cycle) is pretty quiet. Way quieter than I expected. Exhaust and noise is not an issue ! Case closed. Thanks for all the support !

..... PC .....

Back