Harbor Freight Engines

Porkchop

Local time
3:39 AM
I was at Harbor Freight within the past hour. They have a gasoline engine powered water pump for about $130.00.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66585

It looked at it and it appears to be the very same engine that's on their auger that sells for about $200.00, just a different color. There are a few sites that sell the same engine starting at about $120.00 and most of them are sold out. Not plugging HF, just posting a heads up for anyone that might be considering this engine. Don't forget about the 20% discount coupons you can get on line. That'll bring the price down to about $104.00

wilbur

Duropower .com also has that same engine I think and its 135.00 shipped but ,not in stock.How would this motor compare to the T.L.43 ?.I think the h.p. ratings are the same.

Wilbur, like I said, these engines are hard to come by right now because everybody is sold out of them. I have no experience with any engines other than the one I have. Haven't had it long enough to evaluate the longevity or durability of it, but I would think the Japaneese motors are better. But then again, be careful. I've been noticing a lot of Japaneese, German and Sweedish products are now being made in China also. So who knows. You can't judge products on name brand alone any more.

China

You got that right!!.We have lost a lot of jobs to China ,and there could be more.:cry:

Just look for the MCO and data plate on these engines. The Japanese are very strict in this regard. The Robin/Subaru and Mitsubishi small industrial engines are made in Japan.
Honda has shifted some small engine production to a state of the art facility in Thailand
under tight parent company supervision and control

Yes ! And America could ! There's obviously a problem somewhere. I think the bottom line is greed. They almighty $$$$$ ! I flipped out one day not long ago while at Walmart looking a Swiss Army comuter accessories. Made in China !

Clutctch Cost

Folks, I ordered 2 complete clutch assemblies rom Harbor Freight today via their cutomer service number as listed on their web site. Two complete clutchs along with screws, washers and springs came to a total of $26.00 even. Shipped ! I'm in upstate South Carolina. Don't know where they are, but shipping cost alone was $3.95. Reasonable ! Then again, I was told to expect 6-8 weeks delivery because if they did not find the parts in a local warehouse they would have to be ordered from China. Time factor is no big deal to me right now. I don't need the parts. Just want to have them on hand when I do.Wilbur checked with monsterscooter and got a shipped price of $24.00 to New York for 1 assembly. I guess you'ld get in a about a week though. Depends on your individual situation. Hope this helps !

..... PC .....
ps
After teraing my bike apart to verify the water pump engine will work, I got it all back together today and am back in the road ! And now it's raining out ! Go figure !

Duropower .com also has that same engine I think and its 135.00 shipped but ,not in stock.How would this motor compare to the T.L.43 ?.I think the h.p. ratings are the same.
The TLE43 is a 43cc engine that puts out 1.7 HP.

The HF engine is a 52cc motor that has 1.5 HP.

Only time will tell about the reliability of the HF motor. I've been very happy with the TLE43.

Some sites rate the HF engine or the ones that looke like it at 2.0 HP I just know mine pulls about 300 pounds from a dead stand still on flat ground with no problem. I'm happey with mine and think they're worth 80 - 100 bucks, but I would be willing to say the Jap motors are better and will last longer.

Back