Votes: 15 5.2%
  • for long rides or in heavy traffic

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • from now on i will

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • i do not vote in polls

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
I agree there. A motorcycle helmet is 10 times better.
On the bicycle ones, Bell has some more or less decent fullface bicycle helmets.

But there is always an the exeption to the rule; I was involved in a multiple car accident going like 75mph on a rainy day on FWY5(Calif), ...and the curious thing is if I would have been wearing my seatbelt I would have most likely broken my neck. I was slamed by cars from the left and the right several times, like on a pinball machine, and my body just kept sliding on the long front seat of my chevy truck...and my head with each slam did not come lose..cause I slid on the seat each time i was hit (holding the wheel) and did not take the full blunt force of the impacts. When everything stopped my neck hurt but I walked away ok.
However I still think that 99% of the time helmets and seat belts might help.

Yeah, I ALWAYS wear my helmet whether I'm pedaling or motoring. Once when my daughter, Nellie, was about three years old, she chastised me for not wearing one as I was leaving on a push bike. I figured, if I wanted my kids (now 15 and 12) to wear helmets, I had to be exemplary. I use a skateboarding helmet because cycling helmets are way too fragile. Every time I would fumble my helmet pieces would fall off.
Two years ago I was knocked off by minivan( classic right turn impact, "I didn't see you.") He ran over my bike. I suffered a minor broken bone and many bruises. I didn't hit my head, but still, I was not sorry I was wearing my helmet. You know you only have to hit your head once to change your life forever. Not to mention your family. (Which I just mentioned.)

My wife pleads with me to NOT wear a helmet. She also is a stickler about me keeping my insurance premiums up to date. Certainly I wear a helmet, pure stupidity not to.

Brain bucket

Years ago I never wore a helm but that was back in the 60's now days I wear one all the time (keeps the red hair out of my face :D) except when I am running the bike after working on it.
I have several helm's one is an old 60's vespa scooter type with a 1/2 face shield with orange reflectors on the frt and sides (white with blue racing stripe) I wear that one in the winter it has the leather shield on the neck and it looks cool. another helm is a 60's style red base ball cap type with a good brim for those sunny cold days but my everyday hot weather helm is a vented bike helm and it and I have been in two accidents in the first accident the lady was complaining that my head put a dent in her car it was a 2 inch deep dent on the last quarter pannel of her SUV between the helmet and my hard Irish head :devilish:. (by the way I broke my tail bone and it still hurts on long rides).

You can find some good looking unusual helmets on e-bay cheep and a lot of them are perfect for what we do. All you have to do is take the D ring off and put a quick relase buckel on it.

Cookie

I wear a helmet always. I have one with a visor and a mirror on. I wouldn't go riding without one

Only wear a helmet when the law says to.

I am seventy-four and have ridden motorcycles, scooters and motorized bikes since I was twelve. I have had three accidents in all those years. The first was in Palo Alto, CA when I was drunk and riding a Suzuki. The second time was in Dallas. I had just turned fifty when an idiot in a new Caddy came off a side street and I rammed him. I had stiff muscles for a couple of days and had to get a new bike. The third time I was 73 and hit an oil slick going around a corner. I bumped my head and got a lump.

Tom

I just bet you can't find one -----not one ----- race car driver that would ride without a helmet or drive a car without a seatbelt for that matter. Helmets and seatbelts save lives PERIOD.Remember all the controvercy over the HANS device in nascar. Well another case of a safty item that saves lives .If Dale , the best driver that I've ever seen ,had been wearing one he'd be here today. And to think its now mandatory.

Yas, yas, Big Brother watches over us.

My friend flipped his rag top back in the eighties and drowned in a few inches of water. His seat belt jammed. I have ridden with a lot of bikers and they seem about evenly split on Helmets.

But what I d or you don't do is not anybody's business but our own. I fight the helmet laws tooth and nail. I believe in the freedom of choice. Whether my choices are good or bad, I'll live with them because I made them.

Helmet laws suck.
Tom

I live in one of the most backward states but being that I am over 18 and the moto bike is considered a bicycle it is up to me if I wear a helm and guess what guys I wear one and it saved me from a head injury. It is my choice and I am running low on my 9 lives......:)

Cookie

Back