Help!! I don't know what to do!

image.jpg
Gas is also leaking out of the choke, but I don't know if it's supposed to do that, or even look like this..

We also just found a wire loosely hanging (not plugged in all the way) near the black box where the spark plug connects

Just took it for a run; took 120 feet to start, ran for 5 minutes, and then while holding the clutch the engine started racing (revving). I had to hold the brakes to bring it to a complete stop, the. Release the clutch to stop

image.jpeg

The blue cord in this picture was found very loose, so we tightened it before the run we just did. After the issue happened again, we found it pretty loose again. Could this be our issue?

Well that's the either cdi or kill switch,if cdi the bike won't run. High revs sound like an air leak carb side or the cable is stuck. That oil is not flooding, it's something that happens with these motors I call it spit up. When oil and gas condense on the intake and inside of the carb it gets shaken out or swallowed. Over time enough gets pushed out that it just looks like a little puddle. One motor did this so badly the oil actually clogged my air filter.

As a side note pictures are nice but what you're having problems with probably no picture will help.

I'd say off set manifold, clean the carb out, and start by retuneing the carb and putting new gaskets in place.

They make inline fuel filters with magnets in them that catch little bits of rust from the tank before it gets to the carb.

Do you think if I was to take this to a place that works on Motorcycles or ATVs, they would be able to fix it, because we don't really know what we are completely doing..

try looking on CL in your area for someone dealing with these

Hi, I am a beginner to all of this kind of stuff, so excuse me if I have to describe what something is if I don't know the name.

So I bought my bike off a guy who builds bikes for a living (he has done it for 8 years so he knows what he is doing). I texted him about this issue and he doesn't know what it directly is either.

This is everything that I'm having issues with:

The bike is a 80cc 2 stroke that runs on a 20:1 ratio (91 Fuel : 2 Stroke Engine Oil)

It worked fine for the first few weeks. It has around 70-80 miles on it. In the past few days, I can ride it, but at any random time (never got it over 20 minutes) it will stutter when I hold the throttle, but when I hold the clutch, the engine goes for throttle. When I get it to stop, sometimes the rear tire will drag. Sometimes it wont, maybe a coincidence.

The gas tube between the tank and the engine just started slightly leaking out the top.

It takes about 200-500 feet to start, it always has.

Again, I'm a beginner, so please describe the best you can. I just need help!

Thank you,
JaredL
Hey Jared you contacted me with the same problem, I haven't looked at the other comments but I figured out my problem. The throttle cable wasn't moving freely. I zip tied the throttle cable all over the bike and it restricted movement of the cable, once I got rid of the zip ties the cable moved freely and smoother. Another problem could be the spring. The spring in the carb could be binding up and cause the plunder piece to not go down all the way. I hope this helps in any way!

Max

image.jpeg

We noticed that the silver knob right above the Japanese lettering was loose, so we tightened it and ran it for a mile and a half and it went without an issue. Could that have been my problem all along.

(Incase you don't know, the cord going into that knob leads to the kill switch/throttle)

Back