Help!! I don't know what to do!

yes thats the throttle cable , how loose was it? its possible it was the problem causing the needle to not seat properly .

Could that possibly cause an air leak problem as well, cause a lot of people are saying the issue could be air

I could see that allowing air to bypass the normal path - especially if tightening fixed the problem.

It's working great now, the only thing is now is that when I hold the clutch, you can hear the engine Pistons moving very lightly. I held the clutch with the engine off and it started with the clutch fully held down. What is that?

the air that comes in past the throttle cable is inconsequential because it doesn't go to the space after the slide, it goes right under the slide, adding to the normal air that comes in past the air filter.

Clutch needs to be adjusted. Clutch should not be engaging while handle is held in.

make sure the bucking bar isnt mushroomed too (under clutch cover, what the clutch arm is in) that was an issue i had, the bucking bar actually flattened out and so when i hit the clutch lever it wasnt moving the clutch, the bar was too small. after getting a new bucking bar and adding some gear oil from my moped to it so there wasnt so much friction and it worked much better. it was probably made of metal so cheap it mushroomed. you may just have to adjust the clutch cable, or flower nut though.

My friend tried Frankensteining some clutch parts together, the mushroomed bar reminded me of this because what he did resulted in what seemed like a too short bar or missing bucking ball. Basically he tried using the shaft from one, and the arm from another, for clearance reasons, and inadvertently moved the arm too far in (counter clockwise) on the shaft, the splines are splines, it didn't matter there. So this resulted in a clutch pull that was just not enough to be effective for adjustment unless awkward on the handle side.

I wouldn't second guess somebody telling me their shaft/arm assembly wasn't aligned right from the factory. I could see how easily that particular problem would be over looked being that I didn't realize it untill messing with it for half an hour and asking a few dozen questions untill he made mention he had did a part swap and didn't keep track of the arm position on the shaft.

If it came to you assembled badly then you wouldn't even presume for a long long time it was that part (actually 2 parts) in particular, and the resulting issues with adjustment would make you think it was a hundred different problems all of which you couldn't cure no matter how hard you tried.

Or its just that after using for the first few times the cable stretched a bit as usual, so you'll need to readjust the assembly, since you seemed to have it running fine at first.

Please let us know your general Temps outside, if you are living in 80 degree weather then a choke might not be the best bet on starting, also look at your plug and see if it's dark or light.

Tighten the head bolts down and such it really can't be so hard to start the motor honestly. I can get mine started with a single press to the pedals with the back lifted up, if it's warm out I don't even need to enrich or choke.

Back