How many here rode motorcycles first

I never drove a motorcycle, and my current ride is the closest I will probably ever get with a 98cc engine, fully decked out with lights and a generator and suzuki forks.

I've ridden motorcycles nearly since I was in diapers. I started on a 50cc honda when I was about 5 years old, and a few years later graduated to an 80cc Yamaha. I only recently got road bike training, and have been trying to find the perfect motorcycle for a few months now (I think I've settled on either the Ural Solo ST or the Triumph Scrambler, gotta test ride them to find out)

Nearly all of my friends ride either motorcycles or bikes, I'm hoping to be the trendsetter getting them all on motorized bicycles.

big hi to everyone
bicycle builder since age 6 still at it .
motorcycle builder since 15 still at that too
35 now mostly owned 2 strokes and cant not tune them up it has to be done !

im big in to streetfighters if u know what that is and have a 750 ninja streetfighter these days and thinking of going bigger but i do love tinkering with my little gt80
wich i cant help but put my motorcycle customiseing knolage to and is starting to look badass

big props to mr jaguar his site has been very usefull its rare i get to learn something new about tuneing 2 strokes but you did just that thankyou

big hi to everyone
bicycle builder since age 6 still at it .
motorcycle builder since 15 still at that too
35 now mostly owned 2 strokes and cant not tune them up it has to be done !

im big in to streetfighters if u know what that is and have a 750 ninja streetfighter these days and thinking of going bigger but i do love tinkering with my little gt80
wich i cant help but put my motorcycle customiseing knolage to and is starting to look badass

big props to mr jaguar his site has been very usefull its rare i get to learn something new about tuneing 2 strokes but you did just that thankyou
Since we are digging up old threads may as well say my peace.

I spent most time on 4 wheels or a belt. I dorked with lots of motocross/dirtbike for off road or snow use. Caught a ride on the queen seat of a Harley a few times but it was rare since paved roads were scattered sparsely, main road in to town turns litteraly from cracked Road to dirt, think it was because the wacko in charge was working on building some kinda wall to make a fortress or whatever in the middle of town, basically told the state pavers to take a hike lol... Nice that most of the farmers let us take path between fields and on old gullies.

If a dirtbike is considered a motorcycle, yes, otherwise no.

I got my first bike when I was 9 a Kawasaki mt1/kv75 probably an mt1 since i got it in 1975 it had belonged to a neighbor who broke 2nd gear and took it to the shop they disassembled it told them how much to fix and the parent said no way!I bought it as is a rolling chassis and two boxes of parts being the engine/trans all a part it was all there just in pieces!The group home staff where I lived at the time asked my grand parents if I was allowed to have it the decision was let him work on it and it probably wont be functional again! two weeks and a new gear later that little bike hauled me around for two years until I then got a kx 80 and was hooked for life!after that a rm 125 back to kawasaki kx 250 was to much at the time!back to a 125 but a yz then came the street I bought a suzuki gs 750 triple 2 stroke but that was way to much bike for me! I might have weighed 155 at the time and it was heavy and fast at the time I got a ticket on it going 136 trying to top out 5th gear lol it had 6 though I never really got to use it!then the list just gets crazy I raced a tz 125 and 250 then a gamma 500! Just for fun I have had rd 400,rz 350,rz 500,cr 500,xl 350,750 gixer,750 boneville in a hard tail chopper an 86 fsrt with evo engine built up pro street style!and then the toys two ysr 50's and an 80 and still have a couple dirt bikes for fun with my sons!

Yeah see that kind of stuff. We had a Snowmobile that had a 125 modified and jerry rigged to run an old track drive from some artic cat, pretty sure that it was a street legal bike before the fork got caught in a tree limb. After the frame snapped off we just took an old cat shell and dropped the engine and what was left of the mounting plate then aligned some pull over drives and welded it down.

Since that was a road legal motorcycle and the engine and frame and handlebar accessories came from it, it was technically road legal Snowmobile themed motorcycle.

Yes, I probably road a motorcycle first.

Back