Need info!!

failing it being carb the rest of that info is still valid but only 4 miles proberbly carb and heating up changing the ratio so cold its proberbly better

use this as a bible statement to live by

A rich problem gets worse as the engine heats up.

A lean problem gets better as the engine heats up

What the f***. Wow, no. I'm STILL LOST. So, basically I remove the bolts that tie down the top part of the motor correct? Then I'm looking for seals that are missing? Or broken. Why would they be broken or missing if I JUST bought the thing not even 50 miles in?! And you're saying that I should put the c needle clip on the needle what, one notch UP, or DOWN?

we will go a step at a time for you try this report back just move the clip up one notch on the needle in your carb like this

moving this clip up a notch gives more air to your mixture in mid range throttle

it does this by droping your needle down restricting fuel more

as this is a new engine you have to set up that carb for it to run right

this is test one and should hopefully fix most of your issues

forget everything i said about seals n gaskets for now thats for used engines more then new i didnt notice it was only rode 4 miles i was thinking u meant u rode it for miles with no issue lol

but definatly make sure those four nuts on top of the engine are tight on a new engine when u first get it and after its heated up and settled in check again !

Ok. I'll pull the clip UP one notch.Please tell me that 20:1 ratio means 6 oz of oil to one gallon of gas.....

Yeah, I'll definitely tighten the bolts tomorrow! There's no way it could be the seals. It's just odd how I'm losing throttle power. I can basically bike faster than the thing runs. Odd....

Back to the gas thing. I had used about two and a half tanks of the 16:1 ratio....Is that enough time for it to be broken in?

2 n half tanks is way past time to recheck them bolts after first few runs id recheck just because things are settleing in and those threads the 4 bolts go on do stretch more so when new like a chain stretches

it really sounds gutless i cant help but think leak somewhere but we will 1 step at a time solve this

let us know how u get on i wouldnt be to suprised if them nuts are a bit loose

try that first if no immidiate improvement do the carb clip if its not much much better by then come back tell us the results

Back