Need info!!

to be honest i guess it >.< when ur carbs set up right u can use your plug to tell how much your over oiling by
and u do want to slightly over oil these engines but not so much u get lots of carbon deposits but if these guys say that listen to them its no doubt right

mine is actually new im a motorcycle mechanic getting in to these engines

so straight away im deliberatly over oiling whyle its wareing in the piston n rings to the chamber bore at this time of settling in friction and the heat it generates can be desasterous as can ragging it dure in this time on any new or engine with a rebuilt top end with a new bore n piston u can lessen 2 stroke later when youve wore in the engine fully and carb is set up so not effecting plug readings but as i say go by these guys on that one make sure they know its a mix for wareing in a new engine not the normal mix

You've been really helpful!!! Yeah, 20:1 is right for the next two tanks. Then use 3 oz of oil after that. Can I leave these things outside overnight?...... In cold temperatures?.... I haven't seen to have any problems with starting it.

Not recommended to leave it outside in the weather because you chain could rust and eventually snap and fly up and hit you (it's happened to me) or moisture could leak into your magneto and cause shorting therefore it won't run well if at all. Try and keep it under cover at least or in a shed or a small room you don't mind reeking of petrol.

Someone told me that it was fine. Lied, clearly. Well, to sp1ke, I just tried the carb needle thing by moving it up one notch. And tighten the bolts on the head, all though only one or two bolts moved a little bit. So, idk.

I just tried riding it (took a while to start) in the snow and I only ran it for a little bit, but seemed to have the issue, hopefully, solved. Then again, I did only ride it for two minutes. The real test will be when this snow clears out on Sunday

I also, pulled in the two prongs in the carb back to its original position as opposed to pulling them more towards the float. Would that make a difference? Where gas would take a little longer to have the float hit the prongs. You know what I mean? Where that rocket ship like needle that closes off the gas from overflowing?...Yeah that.

Awesome. Well, I rode the thing without a problem. I didn't go full throttle because of the snow. But it didn't die on me. And the idle screw, if it's too much in, does that effect the way it runs? I loosened it up by three turns and it sounds good. Not too loud.

Success!! The idle screw and the clip on the needle did the trick! I'm all set. No more bugging out or having the thing kick back. I appreciate all the help guys! It runs true now. Much faster than before!

Back