pre build parts list, input please

Kings advertises the kit with 410 chain. I remember my BGF kit didn't come with 415. in any case, a better chain is one of the first upgrades I do to these MB.

My goal is to do as little fab work as possible with this build, having said that, anyone selling a spring loaded chain tensioner?

steve, My kit came with a "415" chain however, you can print the word circle on a box, call it a circle, tell people its a circle, but in the end it's still a box. In my own experience a true 415HD chain wouldn't even fit on the drive sprocket due to housing clearance issues. I got a 415 chain from a farm supply store for half the cost of the 415HD(from a bike shop)and I have enough chain left over for a future build. The kit's supplied "415" was identical in pitch and size to the 525 already on my bike for the pedal side, and it broke after roughly 150 miles. If you could get a 410 chain to fit in the housing for the drive sprocket go with that. There are a plethora of 410 sprockets readily available at most well stocked hardware/farm supply stores that are much cheaper than industry specific sprockets. You'd have to be comfortable drilling into them to get them properly mounted though. Best o' luck.

chain tensioner ideas
http://www.bikepartsusa.com/bikepart...ategory=search
consider using a shim on the rear motor mount instead of a tensioner

Last edited:
The chain supplied with my kit, from ZBox Australia, would never fit on the pedal side. It's a much larger pitch and about double the overall width of the standard, (525?), chain on the RHS and is stamped '415H'. I can't see it breaking in a hurry. It's hardly even worn/stretched in 400km.
From the sound of it, different kits have different chains and sprockets.

... Steve

one of the best things I did was replace my 415 chain with a better BMX version of the 415. Its chromed and I haven't found any stretch or problems with this new chain. I got a KMC K415H freestyle extreme chain but I don't remember if I had to buy one or two to get all the links I needed.

Its been working flawlessly for about four months now.(looks cool too, matches my silver chain on the other side.) Its one less thing I have to worry about.

Mike Frye-the bike guy

The dual brake system works well on my double drum bike just need to dial in settings for the cables

Just wanted to update this thread real quick. Im ready to order parts but now I question going the 2 stroke route, with all the upgrades I mentioned or a 4 stroke with EZM trans.

...?

Ordered the GT2 Bicycle today, stupid paypal using echecks, it should be here in a week. I'll have to do a product review on the thing when it comes.

Back