Recommended Engine Oil Brand?

Manual

Thanks MotorbikeMike and Quenton, hope I didn't ask this question in the wrong place.

Later

Pennzoil!

FINALLY! An oil I can actually SEE on my dipstick!

I went to Energy Fellows (Pep Boys) today and looked over the motor oils. I chose a bottle of HD40 Pennzoil, a brand I've been using since 1952.

The container has a transparent window on the side showing the color and quantity of oil in the bottle.

Being brownish in color, now I'll be able to SEE the oil level, instead of FEELING for it!

HAL

Had trouble finding 40w

I had a lot of trouble finding 40w oil at first, yes you can order it but I went to Pep Boys the other day and found 4 or 5 different brands of 40 weight oil, so I would check there first if anyone is having trouble finding it. Now for the synethic oil, a few of you know I work at a Bakery and were forced to go to food grade lubricants of all type grease an oils of anything we used at the several different bakeries (change started about 20 yrs ago) I have worked threw the years and understand completly why it is necessary. I have never ever found a syn oil or grease that works better than a petro based oil period. I have used syn food grade grease in pumps at work which for years used petro base grease an it locked them up in 15 minutes at start up. When taken apart it came out looking like ruberized silicone chaulk. So for anything I own I don't use it at all except for once with car oil, it advertised anti foaming, and you guessed it it was the first oil I ever had foam out of the dip stick tube. PS I sure miss using Mystery Oil in the airline oilers at work, that is one of the biggest problems I have since the change. Dane

Back