Riding to work

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sunsetboy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sunsetboy

sunsetboy Member

I just started to ride my bike to work here in San Francisco, riding from the west side to downtown via Twin Peaks, a mile and a half of nasty uphill action and the motor helps a lot! My HT (67 cc) gets me going but I do have to pedal a bit on the steeper grades due to the weight of my Felt '68 Hot Wheels cruiser and my 235lbs. fat rear end. But, it is quite manageable though I took a 3" machine screw through the rear wheel at the peak so I had to walk it home because I was just too bushed to fix the flat at the time. I hope today goes much better!:cool:

Attached Files:

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

welcome aboard.

You'll have fun.

See you around.
  3. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

Didja say "aw, screw it" to the flat? :roll: Sorry, couldn't resist. Welcome!
  4. sunsetboy

sunsetboy Member

The pain of pavement

I rode home from my graveyard shift early this morning when a city bus veered into the bike lane right in front of me sending me to the ground with a nice big crash! Ouch. Fortunately I have years of road racing miles under my belt (20 years ago though) and put another road rash scar on top of another scar from years gone by. I nearly forgot about the whole crash aspect to cycling but in an urban environment during peak commute hours, is a fact of life. I urge all riders to practice caution when riding in heavy traffic and wear your helmet!:helmet:
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome and wishing you many safe happy MB miles there as you

ride that motor bike thing
  6. sunsetboy

sunsetboy Member

YouTube video shot but not posted

Yesterday, I spent the day filming video of me and the monster, riding around a local parking lot. The video is in the editing process so it may take a bit to post because I'm still learning this process.:cyclist: