Engine Trouble Switching motors

Kevinarjasbi

Local time
3:13 AM
Im new to motorized bikes and I have a 2 stroke motorized bike that I just got today and I let go of the clutch on accident and bent part of the frame and it doesn't seem like it's going to bend back in place so I wanted to see if it's possible to switch the motor onto a different bike? The bike wasn't the best so I wanted to switch it out anyways.
I bought the bike and motor already put together so I'm not sure exactly how it's all setup but judging from the videos online it seems like I would just do everything they did but backwards and then do as they do in the video onto the new bike.
Thank you

sorta

chain run may be longer/shorter - wires may have been cut too short - frames might need more/less spacers for motor to fit tight

if rear wheel will swap between bikes, you'll save a lot of work moving rear sprocket

Okay, what if I were to just purchase the same bike the motor is on now? Would that simplify things?

if that bike was too weak to hold the motor, I'd do the extra work to move it to a better bike

Back