Engine Trouble Switching motors

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Kevinarjasbi, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Kevinarjasbi

Kevinarjasbi New Member

Im new to motorized bikes and I have a 2 stroke motorized bike that I just got today and I let go of the clutch on accident and bent part of the frame and it doesn't seem like it's going to bend back in place so I wanted to see if it's possible to switch the motor onto a different bike? The bike wasn't the best so I wanted to switch it out anyways.
    I bought the bike and motor already put together so I'm not sure exactly how it's all setup but judging from the videos online it seems like I would just do everything they did but backwards and then do as they do in the video onto the new bike.
    Thank you

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

chain run may be longer/shorter - wires may have been cut too short - frames might need more/less spacers for motor to fit tight

if rear wheel will swap between bikes, you'll save a lot of work moving rear sprocket
  3. Kevinarjasbi

Kevinarjasbi New Member

Okay, what if I were to just purchase the same bike the motor is on now? Would that simplify things?
  4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if that bike was too weak to hold the motor, I'd do the extra work to move it to a better bike