The Hot Rod Whizzer

Well she's all but done...
8)
166_HPIM0199_2.jpg

Next week we're off to the VMBC meet in Indiana!
Hope to meet and greet some of ya'll there...

Ah. the problem is solved. I had the kentse carb running but it was still running crappy and rich.
I put the brand new Mikuni 26mm on her; she fired right up first few kicks and purred like a kitten!!! a few adjustments and there ya' go...
Now I have 13 miles on it and almost have the belts, etc., dialed in.
many thanks to all, I can't begin to express my thanks and gratitude for all the help, suggestions, etc.
Good on ya' all!
Now I'm off to finish some of the accesories, get my gear gathered, and shopping list together.
:D

Glad to hear its running

Besides the carb, are you running a stock Whizzer engine? I am thinking about buying either the motor or a full whizzer and modify it. What mods are done to that engine, and what top speed are you getting with it. and what could i expect from a stock motor? :D

Wow...

You could ride that on the highway

haha, no wonder he wants to make the trip on it, I see now. :D

Mikuni, that's interesting. I maybe interested in one for mine,where did you get it? I know it is a 26mm but does it have a model number?

Well she's all but done...
8)
166_HPIM0199_2.jpg

Next week we're off to the VMBC meet in Indiana!
Hope to meet and greet some of ya'll there...
What kind of modifications did you do to your bike? What is its top speed? Have you built other bikes? John , Duluth Mn

What modifications have you done to the bike? What is the top speed? Have you done other bikes? John Duluth Mn.

Hi all, After my attempted ride I put the bike away and have been collecting more parts for it. It did not get anywhere near our projected speed, nor did it make the trip. I only got a few hundred miles on it. I pushed it too hard to soon. SOOOOOO, this winter we're digging back into it with new parts and new designs. We'll be using a flow bench, and a dyno to work with and dial it in. So hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we'll hit that 60 + MPH mark for the cross country run next June.
I've been building bikes for a while now, but none quite so 'hot'. This is all sort of hit and miss type of work. Some mods include (I can't give everything away now can I?!?): porting, hot cam, mushroom lifters, decked cylinder, shaved head...
My mikuni 'disapeared' from the shop I had it at getting it rejetted and tuned. It wasn't a great carb and since then I've been told that the Keihin 26mm is a better carb to use with the whizzer engines. I'll restart this thread when work on this ride begins again in earnest this fall.
Rif "Whizzer 'percenter" Addams

Back