Thoughts on using coaster brakes with a disc brake up front?

Clockwise to engage the pawls, counter clockwise to force the shoes against the hub. Simple yet effective. The design could be scaled up to a much bigger hub but its not necessary or practical when better hub brakes exist.
I know how they work, ive pulled a few apart to remove the brake and add rim brakes

I've read up on the klunkers( guys who run beach cruisers on mtb trails) and they use chromoly axles, remove the cages to fit more ball bearings, and run red n tacky on the hub shell while using the normal grease for the bearings.
I don't think the work is worth the asking price but then again there's overhead, payroll, and market forces to account for.

I like the idea of a giant coaster brake, same design just twice as big, maybe three times as big. I know it can't work because the brake shoes are what limit the size but it would be cool.

Some Mopeds had "coaster brakes" which were just drum brakes that you activated by backpedalling.

That system wouldn't be too hard to copy, just need an idler sprocket, a one way bearing and a spool/arm to pull the cable. Backpedalling engages the freewheel which pulls the brake cable, spring tension in the drum brake releases when pedaling forward.

I saw a simplified version of this system in a restoration video of a soviet moped.

Thread 'Not quite a coaster brake: brake cable actuated by back pedalling.' https://motoredbikes.com/threads/no...brake-cable-actuated-by-back-pedalling.63964/

My thoughts on coaster brakes with a disc front brake, First of all coaster brakes are hard on the chain but...
It's fine just don't use the coaster brake only to stop from high speeds or to slow on long down hill
Use the coaster for gradual stops at slower speeds but get in the habit of using the front disc brake and coaster brake in tandem
and never jam on the coaster brake to skid

Since ya gotta baby the coaster brake it's best to upgrade to drum brake or disc brake on a M/B and still get in the habit of using the F&R brakes in tandem

2 strokes gotta use a Dual brake lever

A lot of people talk against coaster brake on a motorized bicycle, but I ran one for years with no problem, it is proper maintenance that prevents issues.
Yea, I'm one. My coaster on my old cranny grenaded while I was riding. Luckily It was a soft grassy ditch I landed in, instead of the normal boulder infested ditches around here.

Yea, I'm one. My coaster on my old cranny grenaded while I was riding. Luckily It was a soft grassy ditch I landed in, instead of the normal boulder infested ditches around here.
I'm not saying by no means s**t can't happen with them because people have had problems, but I never had any and my Grubee bike with the 53cc has coaster brake, but I run disc on my 79cc, but your fortunate you didn't get hurt.

I'm not saying by no means s**t can't happen with them because people have had problems, but I never had any and my Grubee bike with the 53cc has coaster brake, but I run disc on my 79cc, but your fortunate you didn't get hurt.
To me a coaster brake is like playing Russian Roulette. History has shown issues with them. So why even take a chance, when there's safer alternatives.

Back