Upgraded Disc Brake Question

Are you referring to these ones?
Yes those are what I have too. I haven't used them on anything yet so I can't really say how the brackets will hold up. The brackets on every set of fenders I have seen have always failed eventually, and these don't look to give me reason they will be any different. So if you are considering these or any fenders and you want them to last you may want to drill out the rivets and use a heavier material for the brackets. Make the portion of the bracket under the fender a little wider than the hole it has to come up through to keep the fender from cracking at the edges of the hole. Thinking about it now I probably should have ran one in both directions.View media item 60829

It's hard to see in this pic, but I rivet (or bolt) a second L bracket on the fender on the the other side of whats there.

2_GT2-GT5-2sFrontLeft1280.jpg

Those fenders aren't going anywhere ;-}

Ok these are great pointers. I've always been hesitant to use fenders on a build cause of safety issues I've heard about throughout the forum but to see members reinforcing them and having no issues I'll feel better using them.

It's hard to see in this pic, but I rivet (or bolt) a second L bracket on the fender on the the other side of whats there.

2_GT2-GT5-2sFrontLeft1280.jpg

Those fenders aren't going anywhere ;-}
Can you provide an up close pic of what your referring to? I have it pictured in my mind on how to use the L Bracket but I love copying ideas of those more experienced then I am.

Sure does. Do you think tack welds would be overkill? Before this I was considering tack welds since I don't see myself needing to pull the fenders off much & if I did need to then I could pull out the ole grinder, this seems like a lot more practical though.

Sure does. Do you think tack welds would be overkill? Before this I was considering tack welds since I don't see myself needing to pull the fenders off much & if I did need to then I could pull out the ole grinder, this seems like a lot more practical though.
What you are looking at is a Fito Modena front fender. This is the way they are made at their factory with front and rear riveted brackets.. Good design, but their is no modification done.

Back