What's your dream bike if you hit lotto?

This was my computer startup speed when i turned it back on tonight...lol.

damien@damien:~$ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 2.831s (kernel) + 2.014s (userspace) = 4.846s
graphical.target reached after 2.009s in userspace
damien@damien:~$
I mean, mine starts up pretty fast for a modern windows PC. probably not that fast, but I'm not in that big of a hurry. The amount of memory windows 11 requires to run blows my mind, and although I do have other programs also running, at any given moment my computer is using 6-8gb of memory just to sit here and work. When I think about that it makes me laugh when I consider my first computer had 4gb of hard drive... and that was a big hard drive at the time lol.

The amount of memory windows 11 requires to run blows my mind, and although I do have other programs also running, at any given moment my computer is using 6-8gb of memory just to sit here and work.
I am online with two browser tabs open and playing a game of solitaire on it right now...Here is how much ram that it takes to run all systems at this moment in time...lol.

used: 1.42 GiB

I mean, mine starts up pretty fast for a modern windows PC. probably not that fast, but I'm not in that big of a hurry. The amount of memory windows 11 requires to run blows my mind, and although I do have other programs also running, at any given moment my computer is using 6-8gb of memory just to sit here and work. When I think about that it makes me laugh when I consider my first computer had 4gb of hard drive... and that was a big hard drive at the time lol.
And people wonder why I prefer running Linux operating systems...lol...lol.

I am online with two browser tabs open and playing a game of solitare on it right now...Here is how much ram that it takes to run all systems at this moment in time...lol.

used: 1.42 GiB
I have a movie streaming and being broadcast to a TV, this browser and 2 other tabs open, a message window open to my GF while she is working so I can talk to her. Current Ram useage is 10.7gb

Also very low heat...It doesn't need all sorts of fans at ultra high speeds to keep things cool.

Thats not even body temp which would be 37°C

Screenshot_2023-09-23_22-31-33.png

Back