yo new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by seth martin, Feb 17, 2008.

1. seth martin

seth martin Member

hey everyone my name is seth and i have just been introduced to this whole motorized bike thing as kid like any other i always thiught itd be cool to strap a weed eater motor to bike or scooter but was never successful....now i have a cheap walmart beach cruiser and i have about $650 to spend. i dont know if i should get a kit and put it on the bike i have or buy i pre mdae one i know absolutly nothing about the motors or this whole scene im sure there are people that put alot into this so thats why i came here is it a pretty easy thing to learn i know nothing about 2 strokes anyways thanks for any answers i get:cool:

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome Seth. I think, the learning, and the fun, are in the building. A simple china 2 stroke kit is cheap and fun. There's plenty of tinkering you will be required to do. The rackmounts and four-stroke kits are probably more reliable but the Happy Time Super Fun engines are great to start with. In any event, read, read, read this forum and take your time deciding.

Your mileage may vary. :grin:

3. seth martin

seth martin Member

Thanks....im thinking about gettin one of the bike from the spooky tooth site just because its my 1st bike and i want it to be ready to go (par. assembly) so i ca learn from there and then maybe build one

4. seth martin

seth martin Member

btw mickey i see your in Baldwin county im in Escambia Fl pensacola

5. mickey

mickey Guest

Yep, I'm in Fairhope. Have you seen any motored bikes in Pcola? We have a place at the Regency and I'd love to ride at the beach but I'm not sure what the sheriff's attitude will be.

6. seth martin

seth martin Member

no none at all...kinda to spread out...but i live right at the foot of the 3 mile bridge so the beach is one of the main reasons im gettin it and im sure te sheriff is cool with it out there all they look for is fighting and really dumb drunk ppl...some of my freinds have go peds and scooters and they could care less about those some are not registered when they should be they really dont care out there....what are some main things i need to know before getting one like things i should know i will need to replace will all parts be avalible at small engine repair shops i just dont want to get one and i work for a week and break like i said i know most break in rules and not to ride full throttle all the time but im very new to this and dont want to get in over my head

7. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

8. seth martin

seth martin Member

They are very small motors so there cant be that much to them i mean if something goes wrong is troubleshooting a pretty easy thing to do and is fixing these bikes a realativly easy thing to do? :confused:......i am very interested in these and want to get in to it but im not a mechanic

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

seth, if you're interested in the chinese frame-mount ie: the Happy-Time engine...get on down to the "frame-mount" forum and read read read...you'll be an expert before you know it :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

10. seth martin

seth martin Member

Thanks alot! im pretty sure that i am gonna get the "Violation" from spooky tooth cycles and get it par. assembled that way i can put the main things togeter and get a feel of everything and im pretty sure the motor comes ready to go ...will the mixture instuctions come with the bike and is any particulay oil that is better than others and acually make a diff and what about fuel oct.? thanks guys!!!!:grin:

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

for real...
    ...when it comes to the happy-time, it's been covered & it's all there. put some tunes on, grab yer favorite beverage, and go for it... :)

don't burn dinner: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4122

12. seth martin

seth martin Member

are the motors spooky tooth use of good quality? cuz i know you can get like one of those cheap mini bikes and ride it for a day and the clutch go out and i dont want that with this..who does

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

seth...listen to me, please...the frame-mount forum has the answers & more...go browse thru it...when you find a topic that interests you, post your question or comment as a "reply" :)

14. seth martin

seth martin Member

i searched for it and found nothing just that if something breaks they are a good company to deal with which is nice...sorry ill try the other one

15. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
    Reading thru posts and threads will answer most of your questions.
    Besides some of them have some pretty cool ideas and other cool stuff.

16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

customer service is a big aspect of the market...

about our resident sponsors & members/sellers: if they have a link here, or actively participate, you can count on a positive reputation. now, on to what's not so apparent...

engines are mostly of a generic nature with subtle differences, the kits that come with them are the same way...it's very difficult to give specific answers to generic questions. we're setup for the new arrival to be able to research and compare..."learn what to ask the seller before you buy" is how MBc best helps the beginner.

i'll back off now...you'll figure it out :cool:

17. seth martin

seth martin Member

thanks alot guys as you can probably tell im kinda impatient and let me tell you that this has been one of the coolest fourms ive been in

18. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. I've read a lot of good comments about Spooky Tooth. A vendor doesn't get a good rep by selling bad products.

19. seth martin

seth martin Member

very ture..i just wasnt sure if ppl talked good about them cuz there on the site but ive been doin alot of research and they seem to be the best i even called to ask some questions and it was the best customer service ever (unlike Sprint) probably cuz they are still a small company

20. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

welcome seth! check out the searchbar at the top, enter in topics & read read read! we all remember our first builds & all the help that we found here made it easy! your gonna love it!