144f's are available

darwin

Local time
7:14 AM
They're here folks, black this time and no fuel tanks included. $210 plus shipping. Still a deal considering the extra torque you get. I wish that new honda 50 was available now.

Dang it! You were supposed to keep quiet. I don’t get paid until Friday.

{makes something up as to why the 142’s are superior} The 144s are technically illegal in most states?

Lol

They list a 1a & 1b transmission on Grubees page. Which one you guys going with? And what are you all doing for gearing. Who wants to pedal off the get go?

I'm running the 1b because I was running single speed in a hilly area. Now that I'm running a shift kit I'm glad I picked that one as I need as much reduction before the pedals as I can.

Makes me sad that these aren't available in 5/8" straight shaft. The tapered shaft engine + 4G is too wide on LHS for my setup.

Been thinking about trying to make a "frankenstein" motor someday. GXH50 lower case half + offset-ground GXH50 crank; 144F upper case + piston and custom rod. Might be about 55-56CC and a lil bit over 3HP with 9.5:1 compression. That is if it would all bolt up together!

Dang it! You were supposed to keep quiet. I don’t get paid until Friday.

{makes something up as to why the 142’s are superior} The 144s are technically illegal in most states?

Lol

They list a 1a & 1b transmission on Grubees page. Which one you guys going with? And what are you all doing for gearing. Who wants to pedal off the get go?
142f's are $175 and come w/a fuel tank! Pisses me off they don't have tanks, that's anudder $30 or so for a tank and mounting bracket. That's almost as much as a super dooper dax.

Makes me sad that these aren't available in 5/8" straight shaft. The tapered shaft engine + 4G is too wide on LHS for my setup.

Been thinking about trying to make a "frankenstein" motor someday. GXH50 lower case half + offset-ground GXH50 crank; 144F upper case + piston and custom rod. Might be about 55-56CC and a lil bit over 3HP with 9.5:1 compression. That is if it would all bolt up together!
You can always use the straight shaft crank and LHS case cover from the 142f to make these 144fs straight shaft.

You can always use the straight shaft crank and LHS case cover from the 142f to make these 144fs straight shaft.

Well, that's pretty much what I was saying in the second part of my post. Only I'd take it further and offset-grind the crank for a few CCs, too.

If you do an offset ground crank and custom rod, make a few and sell em. I might be interested lol. Also need a metal lobed cam gear with a custom grind. I was making the 142f parts suggestions because I know they are interchangeable.

Back