1965 MOHS bicycle

Nice bike, a beauty. What kind of brakes does it have? Don't see any. Is that a clutch lever or for a brake?
That is beautiful. Yours is in much better condition than mine. Very hard to find parts. They are both brake levers. It has drum brakes inside each hub. I have had a heck of a time finding a CW powerbend motor for it for parts. Even the spikes are heavy duty, I believe they are .105’.

That is awesome. So cool to finally meet someone else that has one. Yours is in much better shape. I’ve seen another red one with a sidecar but that’s it. They are so hard to find parts for. I need the side guard for chain. Looking for spikes for it right now and any engine parts. It is a power bend 580 CW motor. All that I can find is ccw motors. The brakes are drum brakes inside the hubs, a lever for each.
thanks for sharing, and yes, less then 30 made. I have a book on Bruce Mohs, he was an interesting guy. He has the patent in the book, shows how he took the pedal off and pointed the motor on springs to help with vibration. Thanks for sharing.

Smoky. My brother is the owner. He paid $25 to a farmer. He had two in a barn. He took the black one. It had Mohs stickers over the whizzer tank. He took the bike with him to a motorcycle show. He had a motorcycle that he use to show and he brought the bike with him. An old man came up and said “you have a whizzer” my brother said “no it’s a Mohs” the old guy said “no, it’s a whizzer, I’ll show you” he pulled the stickers off the tank and it said whizzer under it. So my brother thought it was a whizzer all these years until I got it. So some old man pulled the original mohs stickers off the tank. Ugh!! Does your tank say whizzer? I noticed in his book that he used a whizzer tank and put his graphic over it. Bruce Mohs was a different character that’s for sure. This is the book about him and the picture of how many were made along with a motorcycle with sidecar/boat. He said in his book he made most of the bikes on his kitchen table.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 224
Smoky. My brother is the owner. He paid $25 to a farmer. He had two in a barn. He took the black one. It had Mohs stickers over the whizzer tank. He took the bike with him to a motorcycle show. He had a motorcycle that he use to show and he brought the bike with him. An old man came up and said “you have a whizzer” my brother said “no it’s a Mohs” the old guy said “no, it’s a whizzer, I’ll show you” he pulled the stickers off the tank and it said whizzer under it. So my brother thought it was a whizzer all these years until I got it. So some old man pulled the original mohs stickers off the tank. Ugh!! Does your tank say whizzer? I noticed in his book that he used a whizzer tank and put his graphic over it. Bruce Mohs was a different character that’s for sure. This is the book about him and the picture of how many were made along with a motorcycle with sidecar/boat. He said in his book he made most of the bikes on his kitchen table.
He bought surplus tanks from whizzer and he filled in the embossing before putting in the sticker. I had my tank repainted and before doing so you could see whizzer ever so slightly but I had it made completely smooth. I do have other Whizzer’s with the embossed tank. The embossed was my favorite tank. Also the motor is a west bend power bee 580. There are usually several in eBay. They used them on go carts also and you can still get parts.

Attachments

• CCEDB750-2546-48BA-A7CF-E5658795125D.jpeg
    CCEDB750-2546-48BA-A7CF-E5658795125D.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 205
He bought surplus tanks from whizzer and he filled in the embossing before putting in the sticker. I had my tank repainted and before doing so you could see whizzer ever so slightly but I had it made completely smooth. I do have other Whizzer’s with the embossed tank. The embossed was my favorite tank. Also the motor is a west bend power bee 580. There are usually several in eBay. They used them on go carts also and you can still get parts.
The problem I am having is the all the power bee motors I am finding on eBay are CCW motors. The one on the Mohs is CW. Is yours Clockwise on your bike? Looking at the clutch side or exhaust side.

Hey Smokymountain. Have you had the rear sprocket off yet? I am replacing the spokes and it seems they welded the big sprocket into the small one from the schwinn. So now I cant get the spokes out because the sprocket is in the way.
have you messed with the rear wheel at all?

Last edited:
Hey Smokymountain. Have you had the rear sprocket off yet? I am replacing the spokes and it seems they welded the big sprocket into the small one from the schwinn. So now I cant get the spokes out because the sprocket is in the way.
have you messed with the rear wheel at all?
No I have not

Back