2 stroke mixture torture test(outcome suprised me!!)

Waaay back when I was a wee little lad, the oil to gas thing was described to me this way. I understood it quite easily.
Gas is light weight. 2-stroke oil is heavy. Fuel is a mixture of the two.
Now consider where the carburetor stores the fuel, ready to burn.
Underneath it, right!
In order to get the fuel into the engine the carburetor has to suck it straight up a very small tube.
The more oil you add to the gas, the heavier the fuel weighs.
The carburetor has to work that much harder to give the engine the fuel it needs. Too much oil and the carburetor will fail it's mission: to give the engine the exact amount of fuel needed. The engine will starve for fuel, get waaaay too much air and get killed. It will burn up from the inside out!
Now, sip some of this soda through the straw. It's easy to sip ain't it?
Now sip some of your chocolate milk shake through the straw . It's much harder right?
Now just think of that fuel mixture.
Imagine your body is an engine . Imagine your mouth is a carburetor, that straw is the fuel jet and the drink is the fuel.
Get it?

i got it! so you want me to go drink some gas? ok il be right back.............................

Not too long ago, I sold a boat motor that I had for years. Evinrude 3 hp that had 100 / 1 ratio stamped on it for oil mix. I ran it like that for a few tanks, before adding a little more oil . I just felt that it was too lean, but it never gave any problem. Fact is,, it is still on the water, now.

i got it! so you want me to go drink some gas? ok il be right back.............................

If you understand binary then you are smart enough to understand why gas makes for a horrible beverage. Not to mention the sickening effects it has on one's guts.

hahahahaha
reminds me of the day i tried siphoning gas with a tube that was too short.......
i tasted dinosaurs for days afterwards

Not too long ago, I sold a boat motor that I had for years. Evinrude 3 hp that had 100 / 1 ratio stamped on it for oil mix. I ran it like that for a few tanks, before adding a little more oil . I just felt that it was too lean, but it never gave any problem. Fact is,, it is still on the water, now.

pretty much every outboard that isnt oil injected is usually 100:1 I am gonna break my motor in at about 32:1 and after that prob 40:1 lean mixtures work best with propper jetting is what I say. never in my 15 yr riding career have I had an issue with lubrication. 50:1 in every 2 smoke i've owned. BTW I like this site so far seems like everyone i've met is cool no spodes here it seems lol..

recommended break in for my engine is 16:1 for 500km. how many miles or tankfuls is this? also recommended not to 20mph or run more than 30 minutes at a time. does this sound reasonable and how strict must i follow?

that sounds about right.

however i don't understand the more than 30 minutes rule, full heat cycling is critical to engine break in as it allows things to seat at their appropriate operating temps

sure.

just use your common sense when breaking it in

use a larger amount of oil than usual (i use 16:1), let the engine idle before setting out and after a long ride to let it warm and cool slowly, don't run the engine at more than half throttle for any extended period of time, don't go overkill with the ride length as running for WAY too long can cause overheats and other bad things

My friend baught a motor from bb the mounts are s%$# but he rides it far and wide open for miles. he hasnt blown it up yet.

Back