47 Whizzer Info

Meat head

Local time
1:38 AM
I have a line on a 47 whizzer what should i look for to make sure motor and accessories are correct to the bike? I am being told its ALL original, and before i mke the 500 round trip i was hoping one of you guys would help me verify the age?

The 47 can be one of the most sought after and rarest Whizzers ever made. From 47 to 48
1947 was the first year Whizzer had a production frame made for a complete Production Whizzer Motorbike Only about 500 were made from 47 to 48. It had a H motor and it was made by Cleveland Welding but by the end of 48 Schwinn made all the frames for production Whizzers. To avoid a law suit of copyright infringement Whizzer let Schwinn make (Schwinn) Whizzer Frames for their Production Motorbikes

The Cleveland Welding Whizzer Frame is easily identified by The Cleveland Welding neck badge and by a gusset on the frame neck also by the curved shape of the rear of the frame.
The 48 Whizzer Schwinn frame is also easily identified by the curved rear of the bike frame and it's very desirable by collectors
I do not believe the frame in pics is a production Whizzer frame from 1947. But it is a Vintage Schwinn Bicycle with a Whizzer H motor
Also looks like a recent restoration very nicely done The sprocket and chain ain't a skip tooth so that's a modern sprocket and crank and I assume it also has some repop parts on it.

Back