49cc 142F HS Air Breather Blow Back Issue

they dont HAVE a head gasket... unified cylinder, head, and 1/2 the crankcase...

possible ring issue. missing/broken rings can cause blow by into the sump, then the extra pressure during combustion just helps spray everything out the breather... would be running pretty poorly though, if its so bad its diluting the oil. really poorly...

not having it here in front of me, and you not having another 142f with no issues to compare it to... im stumped :)

this definitely isnt normal. never had a 142f blow much but oil mist. few drops of oil when overfilled... never enough to make a mess though...

cmon, tear it apart! they arent that hard to do! bit fiddly getting that crankcase to pop apart the first time, few gentle taps with the hammer does the job... theres only about 20 parts, all up :)

if the guy that sold it to you says it is normal and is running a business...name and shame! he either has a bad batch of engines, doesnt know what he is talking about, or a combination of the two...

maybe best just to get another one...from someone else this time ;) usually the 142f or any other huasheng is pretty well much fine, outta the box. have had several die from misadventures (people dropping them, hitting them, breaking bits off) but only 1 has died from mechanical issues and that wasnt even mechanical but more a strange deposit of carbon that ended up interfering with the exhaust valve (why i know the valves are hard to grind:p). the engine was otherwise faultless... and there was one with a carb issue... but that was nothing major, either.

Last edited:
:eek:Let's see what's happenin in there!

But how do I get the flywheel and nut off? This is gonna be a parts engine soon. Broke one of the flywheel blades(?) trying to loosen the nut. I need it off to access the last two bolts holding the engine together...

Then how best to pry this apart? Rookie adventures in motorized bikes

jam something between the coil and the fattest part of the flywheel for removing the nut. timber, whatever... dont expect the fins to take any force!

never bothered with a puller, just two screwdrivers/tyre levers under the edges of the wheel, (lightly) and then a few taps with a hammer around the hub, usually pop straight of. key is part of the flywheel from memory, so you cant lose it ;)

failing that, repeat the whole process but blast the hub with a blowtorch to about 120c (i guess thats about 250 f?)

remove rocker cover, back off valve adjustors.

remove cam cover, revealing cam, two cam followers, two pushrods, pull em all out... seem to be identical so no point marking them.

there will be a dot on the cam gear and crank gear that line up at tdc (or bdc?) thats about all thats important. and noting which side any washers/shims are on.

case is split diagonal but comes apart in line with the shaft. hold the bottom half, tap the end of the shaft on that side with a lump of timber (or wind the nut back on and hit THAT with a hammer...not the shaft itself cus that stuffs the thread. if thats the side with the thread...)

it will be tight, theres locating dowels, gasket goop, and one of the bearings all holding it back. i think there are two prying lugs cast near the join somewhere? screwdrivers. dont slip and scratch the sealing surface. dont hammer them in. easy does it. dont overwack it and drop the top half, including crankshaft, on the floor... and it will just suddenly let go, usually as you let your guard down :D

I have a 49cc China mini bike and I was looking at valves and when I took the bottom cover off oil and gas fell out..like not a lot but still way to much the valves won’t budge when I try and move them by hand. Reckon that’s why I have spark but can’t get it to start?

Back