49cc 4 stroke redlining at 15mph..

15 mph, that's slower than a stock phatmoto. How many teeth rear it looks like a 32 or 36. I'd go 40 tooth or get an EZM transmission. (edit.) yes bad gas will do it. 4 strokes already got oil in the crankcase, use that stuff up in a weed eater or something then fill up at the latest gas station.

Double chain is better than single chain but alot of people say belt drive is better I have the belt drive transmission on mine. Not sure why the chain drive transmission is crap, well china. Maybe with better chains and bearings it would last more. I think it's because people don't re grease the chains enough possibly.

Some links and videos. Post others if you have them.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I'm pretty new here but I would like to share my experience. Even though I live in a different hemisphere from you guys (Brazil), I see that our challenges seem to be the same
I"m (was) having exactly the same problem with my bike. I got a new Kit, 49cc 4t - belt driven bla bla bla.
As soon the bike reaches 15mph it starts to shake like crazy. I used taco to check motor performance, Vacccun, spark under demand, gas flow etc.etc.. all good.
I decided to think out of the box, and turned my attention to elsewhere. The Clutch was my new target. I did a crazy test and discovered the culprit.
I sprayed Wd40 in the clutch bell housing. Done!! smooth ride for a couple of miles, once the system burns off the WD40 the vibration would start all over again.
Then I did a second test. I over greased the bell housing bushing. I got an even better result. Nice ride above 25mph for a couple of hours.

I'm considering a different clutch system perhaps a different transmission also. So far I'm back to the drawing board.
Any suggestion will be strongly appreciated.

Regards from Brazil

Attachments

• IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 164
Its a crap design really, If you don't remove that bushing and re-oil it or grease it will seize to the clutch bell. Happened once so far. The sealed bearing belt drive is the better design I might add.

Its a crap design really, If you don't remove that bushing and re-oil it or grease it will seize to the clutch bell. Happened once so far. The sealed bearing belt drive is the better design I might add.
I'll do that and give you guys feedback then
Thank you for the tip

I have the same setup, 49cc 4 banger with dual chain clutch whatever.
The bell housing can run off center.
Remove it and spin the output gear, watch the rim of the bell, mine had a wobble.
Easy fix in a vice., less vibration.
You can see the problem in this video.
and the fix in the second video. It definately improved.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I'm pretty new here but I would like to share my experience. Even though I live in a different hemisphere from you guys (Brazil), I see that our challenges seem to be the same
I"m (was) having exactly the same problem with my bike. I got a new Kit, 49cc 4t - belt driven bla bla bla.
As soon the bike reaches 15mph it starts to shake like crazy. I used taco to check motor performance, Vacccun, spark under demand, gas flow etc.etc.. all good.
I decided to think out of the box, and turned my attention to elsewhere. The Clutch was my new target. I did a crazy test and discovered the culprit.
I sprayed Wd40 in the clutch bell housing. Done!! smooth ride for a couple of miles, once the system burns off the WD40 the vibration would start all over again.
Then I did a second test. I over greased the bell housing bushing. I got an even better result. Nice ride above 25mph for a couple of hours.

I'm considering a different clutch system perhaps a different transmission also. So far I'm back to the drawing board.
Any suggestion will be strongly appreciated.

Regards from Brazil
You might just be masking the problem temporarily with the lube.
Check the runout of the bell, see the video I posted.
I don't lube anything but the chains once.

Back