50's Rollfast, 5HP Flathead Briggs, & 30series Torque Converter

I've been sitting here thinkingšŸ¤” About a sidecar for the rollfast build!!! Make it just like a motorcycle sidecar, with the attachment & pivot points. Has any of you ever rode a motorcycle with a sidecar? What's it like? Know it's got to be squirrelly riding?
You feel like you're in the circus untill you get used to it. It's like riding around on a messed up three wheeler.

You feel like you're in the circus untill you get used to it. It's like riding around on a messed up three wheeler.
Lmao I got on a buddies 3speed trike the other day & flipped it 3 times on its side, b4 I got out of his yard. 4got you cant lean into the corner on the trike.

Mine is a 7ā€ and Im running a 669. Ditch that bushing if you are running it. It takes up too much belt. Take my word for it, the idle wont be affected much if at all. It ran big halogen driving lights and idled like it always did.
Cannonball3 on your torque convertor, you said your running a 7"driven pulley with a 669 belt. The Bravex torque convertor I bought is 6"driven pulley with a 669 belt. I fight to get a belt on with or without a bushing, My question is what is going on? Shouldn't your 7" driven model torque converter be using a longer belt. I put a Comet brand 203589 on mine & it cured mine/looks & feels right now. I havent done a top speed run to verify I gained or lost speed. The Comet 203589 belt, is what came on/with a true Comet 30 series torque convertor. The only thing I can come up with/or think of, is that center to center spacing on pulleys is different from your predator & my flathead briggs.

Well tuned & played around some more on Rollfast today, the 203589 belt was only thing changed parts wise & I added a gusset/brace to my idler pulley bracket. Well top speed was 48mph still, plus it was 3 times as windy today, So i dont think it's a fair comparison. But my vibration went away & i mean almost all vibrations. Plus my oil leak at the crank seal quit! Lol it's got oil! I checked! So my thoughts are my original belt was just a little too short, causing it to flex the crankshaft of engine & the
20220521_182555.jpg
20220521_182536.jpg
backing plate of torque convertor when under a hard pull. It's so much nicer to ride now, that the concrete vibrator is gone. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Well tuned & played around some more on Rollfast today, the 203589 belt was only thing changed parts wise & I added a gusset/brace to my idler pulley bracket. Well top speed was 48mph still, plus it was 3 times as windy today, So i dont think it's a fair comparison. But my vibration went away & i mean almost all vibrations. Plus my oil leak at the crank seal quit! Lol it's got oil! I checked! So my thoughts are my original belt was just a little too short, causing it to flex the crankshaft of engine & the View attachment 175580View attachment 175581backing plate of torque convertor when under a hard pull. It's so much nicer to ride now, that the concrete vibrator is gone. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

I was thinking it was a transmission vibration, Glad ya got a bracket fabricated and welded on, and it's all good

I was thinking it was a transmission vibration, Glad ya got a bracket fabricated and welded on, and it's all good
Have you ever used a rubber type drive belt on your Whizzer, instead of the kevlar belt? I'm curious if the rubber type belt might grab better? It seems to me with my kevlar belt I got to warm it up/slip the pulleys/belt for a bit. Then it starts to bite/hold better. It's like you got to do a couple big water box burn outs!!!šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ Then its sticky & ready to go.

Have you ever used a rubber type drive belt on your Whizzer, instead of the kevlar belt? I'm curious if the rubber type belt might grab better? It seems to me with my kevlar belt I got to warm it up/slip the pulleys/belt for a bit. Then it starts to bite/hold better. It's like you got to do a couple big water box burn outs!!!šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ Then its sticky & ready to go.

I use a Gates Belt FHP 1/2 V belt on my Whizzer, It's corded I'm not sure if it's got Kevlar

Drop some bleach on it!! lol jk

Back