55+ mph huffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are kidding on the second part also, or that you mean brake shoes and not foot ware. How effective are the brakes?

LOL, I wore out the sides of a pair of boots, just to see if they'd assist in braking power on my cruiser. Twin caliper brakes, twin engines,cruising speed of 30+ mph.

It DID, lol, but I wouldn't do it anymore. Now I know that if my chain breaks on my cruiser bike, shoe brakes on the tire's sidewalls WILL stop a bike going downhill.:geek:

This is a bike I built using a 49cc super pocket bike engine, I also used a few pieces from a shifter kit. Its crazy how fast this thing is and how fast it accelerates. :helmet: This isnt my first motor bike build.Ive been using other scooter engines and such. Havent tried a grubee. I wonder if its worth it?

I've ridden this Huffy bike that Breuklyn is talking about. My engine is being re-built and he's let me use the Huffy as a loaner. I can personally attest to how ridiculously fast this thing is. It's got a 6 speed shifter that I've only managed to get to 4th gear in. It's scary fast, too fast for me. I've personally gone over 50mph on a straightaway, but I can't get up the nerve to go any faster. I'm 52 years old and I weigh 186 pounds. ALWAYS wear a helmet! I trust the equipment, but don't trust the other drivers around me. If I had a straight closed track, I would feel more comfortable about really opening this sick puppy up! Keep up the good work Breuklyn!:helmet:

Just to update others: Both of these users were the same person. Thus the ban. The truthfulness of the claimes should be left to the reader to decide.

Just to update others: Both of these users were the same person. Thus the ban. The truthfulness of the claimes should be left to the reader to decide.

Orrr, they could be friends using the same computer.:geek:

In any case, youtube and GPS or trailing vehicle would be nice to document your speed, IF you wanted to prove it.

FWIW, this is the SECOND CAG-type engine/bike I've read about, that reached over 50mph. I've got a couple pocketbike engines laying around. Maybe I'll build one to run in the 40's.

I'm chicken; I'd NEVER ride past 45mph, but that's just me.:bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back