Engine Trouble 66cc 2-stroke engine bogging? help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I bought this used. I was having trouble finding an engine in stock at the time. It was assembled without a threadlocker. I have since used some on much of the bike. I use a bike computer that breaks things down to the tenth. I am figuring out that when things are a little off, there is usually a reason why. That blue thing on the bars is my boost bottle.

ok guys im having an issue with my moped. its got a 66cc 2-stroke engine. right now its using 25/1 fuel ration i believe. the fuel in the tank has been sitting there for a while. i started the bike and let it warm up. then when its all nice and warn, the bike idles perfectly, i rev the engine slowly and its all good untill it get to high rpm. and if i punch the throttle it just boggs??
i got on it and rode around, it was fine at low speeds, but when i give it throttle it seems like it looses power and just boggs. my carb has no lsn or hsn adjustments. could it be that the fuel filter is dirty, or that the gas ha been sitting for too long?

thanks in advace for the help :)

Try adjusting the needle inside the carburetor, they usually have 4 or 5 different slots that you can position them in just by moving the e clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back