Engine running hard won't accelerate keeps bogging

loadingup80

Local time
6:18 AM
My engine sounds rough and it won't accelerate at all. Anytime I try to accelerate it boggs out. It gets up to 10mph and it seizes. The engine will keep running at idle but won't deliver past 10 mph. I have a small 50cc engine on the bike. I honestly don't know much of what I'm doing but I'm trying to figure this out please help.

It's a new engine yes.
Greetings to you in Rumford, I used to live not far from you on the seacoast of New Hampshire before I retired and moved to Alamogordo NM back in 2011.

What is your elevtion above sea level so I can help you correct the needle valve setting on your carburetor???...lol.

Greetings to you in Rumford, I used to live not far from you on the seacoast of New Hampshire before I retired and moved to Alamogordo NM back in 2011.

What is your elevtion ablove sea level so I can help you correct the needle valve setting on your carburetor???...lol.
Shouldn't you know if you lived near him? 🤣

Shouldn't you know if you lived near h

What is your elevtion ablove sea level so I can help you correct the needle valve setting on your carburetor???...lol.
I don't know the elevation. I'm sure it can be googled. Also are you serious haha. I don't know much about this but if I'm told what to do can do it

With that elevation in mind as well as the higher than usual humidty levels in the summertime...I would be setting that needle valve either in the middle of the needle or one notch above the middle...There are 5 notch's or grooves to clip the C clip into.

Let me know where it is set at this moment.

Slide Needle Grooves.JPG
Slide Assembly.JPG
L-R Slide Needle - Slide Needle Jet - Main Jet.JPG

With that elevation in mind as well as the higher than usual humidty levels in the summertime...I would be setting that needle valve either in the middle of the needle or one notch above the middle...There are 5 notch's or grooves to clip the C clip into.

Let me know where it is set at this moment.

View attachment 195421 View attachment 195422 View attachment 195423
It also depends on if he's running a stock air filter. I live at 2000ft and mine was perfect in the center until I swapped to a less restrictive filter

Back