Air Leaks/Vibration

CENTURION

Local time
7:58 PM
My in-frame Zeda 80 always seems to get me home, been on about a dozen 5 mile rides, and I always return with a bolt missing, or an air leak at the intake. Luckily I used that heavy duty RC car servo tape under my tank, when the little bolts fell out (they were lock-tighted), and it stayed in place, that stuff is amazing. I have a new bolt/nut (good quality ) on the carb clamp, but it still develops an air leak after a few miles, bolt goes 1/4 or so turn loose, tighten it up, and she's good again. Couple of these runs I was in the 30 MPH range when the vibration gets really high, probably when things start backing out. Got some re-aranging this winter to isolate the vibration on this one.

Is there a lock washer on the bolt that holds your carb on? You might have to switch to a nyloc nut.

Good idea, I do just have a lock washer. That carb cannot have even a hint of looseness or it leaks. Lots of little things on these in-frame kits that are not really a big deal, but if it's off, it creates big runability problems.

Everyone spends all that time on cleaning ports, never once thinking to sand down the the intake and manifold smooth. Little bit of a fine grit wet/dry and a little water make magical improvements to those surfaces. Smooth surfaces seal better.

Put it on the list. I'm happy with the 29 MPH top speed on this one, now I just want to hone the reliability on it.

Thanks

Back